Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prog 2299 - Street Justice!  (Read 894 times)

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
Re: Prog 2299 - Street Justice!
« Reply #15 on: 18 September, 2022, 01:49:59 PM »
Jaegir... In nit-picking mode I think there's a word missing from the first panel of the final page - I'm never sure when that happens if the word has been missing in the script and the letterer has to replicate the script, mistakes and all.

Unfortunately, I think you're right — Rigellian Hotshots all round. :-( I'll have to make sure that I fix that for the inevitable TPB.

To answer your question, though: with very few exceptions, letterers literally copy and paste the text from the script onto the lettering document, although we should be picking up on obvious typos that may have slipped past the editing process.

I did a process video* of lettering a page a couple of years back, which you can see here. Every time you see the palettes and stuff vanish in Illustrator, it's because I've clicked onto the Word document with the script on my second monitor to copy a new chunk of text. Note that bolds/italics don't copy over so those have to be applied manually, per the script (I'm not making those choices myself, usually, although some writers are OK with it).

*It's supposed to be 1080p, but YouTube appears to have compressed the living daylights out of it…
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Blue Cactus

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Prog 2299 - Street Justice!
« Reply #16 on: 18 September, 2022, 02:33:15 PM »
Interesting, thanks Jim. Hope you get through the Rigellian Hotshot relatively unscathed. You’re a very busy droid so it’s bound to happen now and then!