Main Menu

FFT - FINNNALLLLL1!!! - Strontium Dog vs Nikolai Dante

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 September, 2022, 06:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

It's not like Strontium Dog needs extra cheat votes anyway – it's comfortably ahead. But, again, I'm surprised the margin isn't larger. Dante's done well.

maryanddavid

Stront, not by a big margin, I think Dante sits fairly in my second spot, two great strips.

Colin YNWA

So this is it the very last day of voting, which is kinda hard to imagine. Don't worry there is no queue, just pop up post your fav and tomorrow morning I'll count up and wrap this whole goddamn thing up!

Dash Decent

Curse that fine print!

There should be a GI Doll named Tuesday Blues.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Simon Fraser

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Simon Fraser on 16 September, 2022, 07:45:53 PM
Do I get a vote?

Umm....Dante?

We'd be honoured to have you sir. You join David Bishop and Mike Carroll as creators who've voted... I think... I mean I think Jim might have voted but we don't count him.

Colin YNWA

Oh and all you folks who voted Strontium Dog do you want to make Simon sad after all the joy he's given us, do you. Huh?

Its not too late to change your vote!

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

DANTE!!!

i'm voting for the astounding tolstoyan sci-fi epic over the antics of the wiltshire boys. of course.

i mean, c'mon guys!

(it's even a tad better than that apparently nameless, dreddfully puntastic, time-travelling tale of zombies, vampires and the big bad mutant).

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 September, 2022, 07:58:48 PM
Oh and all you folks who voted Strontium Dog do you want to make Simon sad after all the joy he's given us, do you. Huh?

I love how, in all of these competitions, we pretty much know exactly which side Colin is cheering on from the get-go.  Though, given we are all openly voting, that's true of everyone else too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 September, 2022, 02:32:33 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 September, 2022, 07:58:48 PM

I love how, in all of these competitions, we pretty much know exactly which side Colin is cheering on from the get-go.  Though, given we are all openly voting, that's true of everyone else too.

I know and half the time it makes naff all difference - its as if my opinion didn't matter!

Colin YNWA

VOTING AND TOURNEY CLOSED

I feel like I should be doing more to wrap this up. There should fonts and bolds and colours and all kinds shiny...but ...well that can come later and the brilliant AlexF will hopefully be along soon to give us a proper thread to celebrate all this on. As it is I've just been counting and recounting since 6.10am as this one WAS SO CLOSE.

I mean really close. Each thrill was ahead at various points. At the death Dante seemed Too Cool To Kill as he surged back and... didn't quite make it and fittingly tourney favourite

STRONTIUM DOG

Held on at the death. A super fitting final to what has been a magnificent tourney, by far the best and most popular so far.

I have more to say as the day and weekend progresses I'm sure. But we're all tired and emotional and Johnny and Wulf are running to their fans as Nikolai and Jena try to pick up their team sat forlorn on the grass. The press are trying to get interviews and the fireworks have started and some poor bugger is going to have a right job picking up all that confetti.

For now let's just enjoy the pictures and once again give it up for the tournement winner the FORUM'S FAVOURITE THRILL*

STRONTIUM DOG

*That's not Dredd

Trooper McFad

Fantastic effort Colin and well done to Strontium Dog a very worthy winner.

I look forward to your next comp should you be bothered to organise and ref another.

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!