New Constantine Film.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 17 September, 2022, 10:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IndigoPrime

That was... unexpected. I would have thought a reboot would be more likely (not least because DC appears to like rebooting things approx. every five seconds). Honestly, I rather enjoyed the Reeves film. It didn't exactly have a huge amount to do with the comic, but it was good in and of itself. If you're going to stray so much from the source, at least make something entertaining, I suppose. (Example of the opposite: the risible Lucifer, featuring Tom Ellis channeling Dale Winton for an infinite number of seasons.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 September, 2022, 10:55:34 AM
Honestly, I rather enjoyed the Reeves film. It didn't exactly have a huge amount to do with the comic, but it was good in and of itself.

Yes, it's quite strange — Constantine manages to simultaneously be a pretty good movie and an absolutely terrible Hellblazer adaptation...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Alan Moore will be chuffed to see his character on the big screen!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 September, 2022, 10:55:34 AM
That was... unexpected. I would have thought a reboot would be more likely (not least because DC appears to like rebooting things approx. every five seconds). Honestly, I rather enjoyed the Reeves film. It didn't exactly have a huge amount to do with the comic, but it was good in and of itself. If you're going to stray so much from the source, at least make something entertaining, I suppose. (Example of the opposite: the risible Lucifer, featuring Tom Ellis channeling Dale Winton for an infinite number of seasons.)

I keep imagining the pitch meeting for Lucifer "Well I love that idea but how about we lose the metaphysical battles and the portal to the void, and have him solve murders with a cop buddy? We can have lots of will they/won't they sexual tension and a few gags! It'll be great!"

The Monarch

I kinda liked that lucifer series....it had no business being called that due to how insanely different it was to the source material but i still liked it

IndigoPrime

"Hey—and stay with me on this—what if we did Castle, but instead of a writer, the partner is the devil? And his superpower would be asking people what they truly desire? Every single episode! Oh, and he likes to fuck. A lot."