Main Menu

Judge Dredd TV series

Started by The Sherman Kid, 17 September, 2022, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Not been on this forum for quite a while but decided to post as its so darn hard to find info on the net as to exactly where we are with this -its been years since it was announced. I know covid delayed things but after that ....a lot of radio silence.

There is a thread on it on here but STILL no recent updates or Facebook from what I can see.

SO -MAKE AN ANNOUCEMENT!!!  Not just on here but in 2000AD itself -is this project dead or going ahead!??

It's not like we haven't been very patient. Not kind to fans leaving them in limbo for so long or making them scour the net for hours periodically to see what's what.

Thanks in advance.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 17 September, 2022, 10:04:49 PM
SO -MAKE AN ANNOUCEMENT!!!  Not just on here but in 2000AD itself -is this project dead or going ahead!??

They made an announcement, and then there was a corporate blood-letting behind the scenes at the company originally involved. Rebellion hasn't given up on it, but if there's nothing concrete to announce, what do you want them to do...? These things can sit in meetings for years—then someone gives it the green light and suddenly it's all happening.

Until then, the situation is exactly what it is: Rebellion wants it to happen, but their original partner pretty much went bankrupt, re-structured, and the new management there shit-canned all the stuff previously on the books, so they're talking to other companies.

Stop "scour[ing] the net" — when there's something to hear, you'll hear it. Probably here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Sherman Kid

judgeurko

Dark Jimbo

What Jim said. When there's something to report, you'll soon know about it.
@jamesfeistdraws

NapalmKev

Quote from: judgeurko on 20 September, 2022, 10:48:22 AM
Won't happen.

That's the spirit! I look forward to seeing your bane in the show for all of your undying support.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Legendary Shark

I think you were right the first time...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

It really is odd how people think shows come to fruition. It's one thing when you're backed by a giant throwing cash around. If not, smaller properties can take many years to get on to the screen. It is possible that a Mega-City One TV show will never happen, sure. But that it hasn't happened yet is hardly surprising, given events that are in the public domain. (I recall Jason Kingsley saying it almost got going and then the pandemic rocked up.) However, that it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it never will.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 17 September, 2022, 10:04:49 PM
Not kind to fans leaving them in limbo for so long or making them scour the net for hours periodically to see what's what.

The word 'making' doing a lot of heavy lifting there...
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Also, sometimes there is... no news. The problem is, always-on news channels makes us think there's always something to say. Mostly, it's rumour and bullshit though.

nxylas

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 September, 2022, 01:11:02 PM
Also, sometimes there is... no news. The problem is, always-on news channels makes us think there's always something to say. Mostly, it's rumour and bullshit though.
Express Online is the worst offender for this where James Bond and Doctor Who stories are concerned. If you believed the headlines from them that I see in my daily news feed, you'd think those roles were being recast every two weeks. In the case of Bond, they treat it like a horse race. It's like "Tom Hardy OVERTAKES Idris Elba in bookies' odds", because that's totally how movie casting works.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

judgeurko

Quote from: NapalmKev on 20 September, 2022, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: judgeurko on 20 September, 2022, 10:48:22 AM
Won't happen.

That's the spirit! I look forward to seeing your bane in the show for all of your undying support.

Cheers
My what?

judgeurko

so no updates. RIP this tv show

nxylas

Quote from: judgeurko on 29 March, 2023, 03:57:02 PMso no updates. RIP this tv show
It's just pining for the fjords. Just because nothing is happening, it doesn't mean that nothing will ever happen. Some films and TV shows get stuck in development hell for decades.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!