Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 7 - Revere vs Hewligan’s Haircut

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 September, 2022, 06:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by AlexF

Revere - more info

VS

Hewligan's Haircut - more info

What If AlexF had the steering wheel today. Well this would have all been a damned sight better that's for sure! AlexF day starts with two of Tharg's more out there, but brilliant thrills. Which one slips into the nether regions of your mind and explodes into a surreal whale/stonehead based delight the most?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 25th September and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

davidbishop

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Magnetica

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Revere. Hewligan's Haircut is an annoying pain in the arse and one of the worst things the prog has ever printed.

SBT

abelardsnazz

AlexF

I got plenty of time for Hewligan but my gosh the art on Revere is something else, and also like nothing else.
There are times when I wish we had either spent more time in the world of Revere Book 1, with our hero just being a rebel tussling with bad cops and spitting acid on them. But the ultra-trippiness of Books II and III are their own kind of special.

rogue69

credo

Quote from: AlexF on 22 September, 2022, 09:40:18 AM
I got plenty of time for Hewligan but my gosh the art on Revere is something else, and also like nothing else.
There are times when I wish we had either spent more time in the world of Revere Book 1, with our hero just being a rebel tussling with bad cops and spitting acid on them. But the ultra-trippiness of Books II and III are their own kind of special.

My thoughts exactly! Revere

sintec

Both are crazy and have a very distinctive style but it's Revere that's getting my vote

IndigoPrime

I really like both of these. Hewligan was a fun diversion and has some fantastic art. But Revere had a level of ambition beyond much of what you saw in the Prog a the time. Moreover, I still found it a solid read today, as part of the UC. So: Revere.