Main Menu

Sir Ian Livingstone’s classic Judge Dredd Board Game returns!

Started by Richmond Clements, 03 October, 2022, 11:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

wedgeski

Colin YNWA

I too have the original, but this is tempting.

Rogue Trooper next please.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: wedgeski on 03 October, 2022, 12:00:53 PM
What's your take on it? Good game?

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. There's a great mechanic where to can drokk up the arrests by the other players. We used to play it as a wind-down after a night of RPGing.

AlexF

I played this game plenty as a youth but I think only with people who also liked Judge Dredd - not sure it's a good enough game to play with people who aren't in the tank already.

Is it just going to be a re-issue, or might they update the perp cards to include some post-Apocalypse War Dredd villains, I wonder?

sheridan

Block/Mega Mania were fairly straight-forward re-issues, weren't they?  Did they get re-coloured - I see Pye Parr has been hard at work on this one?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: AlexF on 03 October, 2022, 03:15:29 PM

Is it just going to be a re-issue, or might they update the perp cards to include some post-Apocalypse War Dredd villains, I wonder?

The info is in the link.

nxylas

Luckily, the box cover doesn't appear to have been replaced by some terrible photo montage, with WordArt typography.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Leigh S

I'm assuming they wont "fix" the map which has the seaboard on the East side of the map....

It would be nice if they updated the villains and crimes - you could have a "modern" set you play with independently of the original sets if adding more to the base game would break it (I presume it would, as the game length is based on when those decks run out if I recall?)

Leigh S

Actually, as there is a limit in terms of locations, then adding more crimes and perps shouldnt be an issue, as you can only dish out as many as there are spaces on the board?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Dandontdare

If you're a board-gamer, you may find it a bit simplistic - it isn't very complex at all, but it's great fun

Funt Solo

Quote from: Leigh S on 03 October, 2022, 07:06:17 PM
I'm assuming they wont "fix" the map which has the seaboard on the East side of the map....

I wonder if was loosely based on a map of Manhattan Island, which does have water in that location.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 October, 2022, 03:27:03 PM

If you're a board-gamer, you may find it a bit simplistic - it isn't very complex at all, but it's great fun

It's very simple, but that's a good thing in my book. Too many board games these days expect you to have a phd in their rules. This is quick, good, Dreddful fun.
Lock up your spoons!