Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 19 - Death Planet vs Colony Earth vs Angel

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 October, 2022, 06:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by Magnetica

Death Planet - more info

VS

Colony Earth - more info

VS

Angel - more info

What if we'd bent the rules? Why just two thrills face to face? Why not three. And if we're doing that can you think of three better thrills to match up than these stinks from the early days? Fun match up this one.

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these three series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 7th October and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

All of them was pretty weak so lest then go for the weakest of them all: Angel
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Quote from: broodblik on 04 October, 2022, 08:19:23 AM
All of them was pretty weak so lest then go for the weakest of them all.

Yeah....that was the whole point 😊.

rogue69

AlexF

100% Death Planet. Always disappointing when I actually read it, but in my memory there are fun characters and it's inherently a good story idea. Just rather blandly executed.
Colony Earth bores me stupid, and Angel didn't have enough episodes ot really do anything. But definitely it missed a trick by making Harry Angel an out-n-out good guy- had the creators not read the 'all 2000AD stars must be working class bad'uns struggling to make good' memo??

Frankly it's Death Planet on the strnegth of that one reprint cover collection...

norton canes

Jim Watson's gritty artwork really appealed to me. So for that reason at least: Colony Earth

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Death Planet, for many of the reasons outlined by AlexF above.

SBT

maryanddavid

I like them all!! Doesn't say much for my taste :lol:
The art on Colony Earth is great, but Death Planet gets it for the great Brian Lewis cover

Magnetica

Every other 2000AD thrill >>>>                       Death Planet> Colony Earth> Angel.

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 05 October, 2022, 11:30:58 AM
Every other 2000AD thrill >>>>                       Death Planet> Colony Earth> Angel.

Even Skippy?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Yes even Skippy. But did wonder about Babe Race 2000, Space Girls and Revere though.

Colin YNWA

Just a day left here. Vote now and I'll count up in the morning.

Sean SD

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Sean SD on 06 October, 2022, 02:44:52 PM
How did Rick Random miss out on this What if? Tie lol

Its a fair point!

VOTING CLOSED

There's been some confusion here. Is this a vote for the best of the worst. Or a vote for the worst (however bad you think the others, or Trash, Junker, Dry Run, whatever its Angel!) so votes have gone both ways. On that basis

Who cares they all suck

takes the tie.