Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 22 - ABC Warriors vs Zenith

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 October, 2022, 06:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.

ABC Warriors - more info

VS

Zenith - more info

What if the draw had just gone differently? It was all thriller, not filler in the latter round, but while that lead to some astonishing ties it also left some untested and so we'll wrap all this up with some of those top tier match-ups we just missed out on. An alphabetical gulf divides these two, but which one is our favourite?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 8th October and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

paddykafka

Timothy

Zenith The warriors have their moments of brilliance, but Zenith was brilliant throughout and knew when to stop.

Magnetica

This is a tough one. I've historically had ABC in 5th place and Zenith in 6th. Both have now moved down at least one place due to a new thrill.

But you know what, I think I'm going to go for Zenith ahead of ABC now, as my high regard for ABCs is based on the very early stuff and the later stuff just isn't to my liking as much. Whereas Zenith was consistently great.

Rogue Judge

IndigoPrime

ABC Warriors is the comics equivalent of looping cartoon backgrounds. It has its moments but so often cares so little for its own basic continuity that nothing really matters. Zenith, though, was something else at the time and by and large still holds up now. Well, apart from that one-part coda.

AlexF

Sure, ABCs has had plenty of bad times in a way Zenith didn't, but I'm still a sucker for robots and wil always prefer to spend time with those ABCs. Even seeing them in the background of this very forum brings me joy in a way Zenith's mug wouldn't.

ABC Warriors

Colin YNWA

Just a day to go here and have to say I'm pretty surprised how this is going. Well either way I'll count up in the morning.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Really surprised by this one. No so much the final result, which I felt could go either way. Rather the lack of love for Zenith. I have Morrison and Yeowell's thrill down and a tight focused superb thrill that really helped punch 2000ad into its 2nd (?) age. ABC Warriors is a street fighter of a thrill. Wildly swinging and landing some amazing blows, but missing by miles more of the time. In the vote though

ABC Warriors

Won this one simply and early.

broodblik

Interesting out come but not a lot of people voted.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.