Main Menu

Judgement Call - Dredd fan film

Started by karlos, 30 October, 2022, 11:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

https://youtu.be/XqyzXefqJcY

This just popped up in my YT recommendations.

No idea thus was coming. Looks impressive - top marks for the Urban alike.

moly

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Wow!  Absolutely nailed the look of the film.  Throwing in elements of that tricky first film is a brave move too, but it looks like it's working nicely.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

Colin YNWA

There's a lot going on there but looked impressive. I wonder if like that Horned God trailer its not actually planned to be anything more than the trailer?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 October, 2022, 01:31:58 PM
There's a lot going on there but looked impressive. I wonder if like that Horned God trailer its not actually planned to be anything more than the trailer?

Ignore my poppycock they say on the blurb its already up to 35 minutes with more to finish. Hope to get it out end of this year early next..

JayzusB.Christ

I somehow missed the appearance of the [spoiler]Dark Judges[/spoiler] at the end first time I watched it.  Seems to be a bit of Judgement Day in the mix too.  How are they going to cram all this into less than an hour?  Anyway, hats off, it looks truly amazing and I can't wait.

If this was only a Horned God style fan trailer I'd be happy enough, but it's going to be a film.  I'm blown away.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Love the trailer. It looks "fan"tastic

That trailer is way better than some of the crud that gets onto the SCI -FI
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Robin Low

Superb bit of work. Looked more like a trailer for a whole series, not just a single movie, there was so much going on in it.

Regards,

Robin

judgeurko

Looks interesting. The quality of fan films has got so much better over the years.

Dash Decent

The way Fear slams into existence was really good.  I also want to know more about that prison shuttle.  From Titan?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

God knows how they squeeze everything in that trailer into 35 minutes or so. But it looked very good.

Robin Low

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 November, 2022, 01:27:36 PM
God knows how they squeeze everything in that trailer into 35 minutes or so. But it looked very good.

You could use a framing device ("A Brief History of Mega-City One"), perhaps, with the exciting bits as snap-shots of significant historical events. Axanar used a documentary format, which worked very well.

Regards,

Robin