Main Menu

Henry Cavill To Star In Warhammer 40K Adaption?

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 16 December, 2022, 10:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hawkmumbler

Cavill is a known 40K enthusiast so as someone who occasionally dabbles in that universe i'm intrigued if this can be pulled off.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yes! I guess it'll be Inquisitor Eisonhorn or maybe a Space Marine Chapter like the Ultramarines, but the costs for that would probably be too prohibitive. It seems to be on the cards, and we'll get to know more when the series' screenplay writers are revealed. Maybe someone from Games Workshop will act as Lore consultant like Dan Abnett, but some Warhammer novelists have written screenplays or TV treatments, too. James Swallow's treatments ended up as stories for Star Trek: Voyager, and he's written a few W40K novels, but we'll have to understand that what Amazon decide is in its business interests. That might prove a little divisive since TV Execs tend to sanitise the more unsavoury parts of franchises to attract the most viewers. This Warhammer programme might be 12A rather than a full-on 18 gorefest.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

wedgeski

I don't know enough of the lore to speculate on which era the series will cover, but I'm sure the local Squaxx will be very excited at the prospect of Dan Abnett writing any of it. I think there's an open niche for high-budget, super grimdark sci-fi. This could be hot.

edgeworthy

Honestly, he might be seeing this as a chance to do a "Bad Guy"?
Could you imagine him playing Honsou?

Afterall, as a mainstream intro to 40K "Storm of Iron" is probably the story to go with!

Rara Avis

Have you seen the Astartes shorts that are on youtube?

That started off as a fan tribute but I gather the person behind it was brought on by GW to help start a cinematic subdivision for 40k. Not sure what happened after that ...

This could be great if Amazon are willing to show the grim dark in all its awfulness.