Main Menu

What is 2000ad?

Started by stallonefan, 24 July, 2003, 06:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobo Baggins

Can't one of the site administrators check out his IP address?

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

W. R. Logan

Isn't Wake on holiday?

Matt

To be fair we still don't know it is Scojo. When he starts hurling abuse then we'll know for sure. But whoever it is I don't buy their act. Time to start that killfile.

Richmond Clements

Wht not give him, or her, the benefit of the doubt?

A twenty something British Stallone fan, who has recently discovered the Dredd movie, and has never heard of 2000AD.

Why do you all find this so hard to swallow..?

Wake

Not yet, but I'm about to go out for the evening, and there are too many people on the site at the moment to run the IP check. I'll try again later.

Wake

JimBob

the two Dredd film scripts ARE leaks from the production company. The two movies are set to star Robert Patrick of X Files fame. A controversial scene involves Dredd chasing a balding, cat torturing criminal into a baby oil factory where during hand to hand combat all their clothes get ripped and their forced to wrestle naked in a giant vat of baby oil. Throughout Dredds helmet(s) remain in place.
 The theme tune is a reworked version of the CHiPs theme by David Arnold and there is a SUBTEXT of Dredd coming to terms with his true feelings for other me...er, the law.

Jim

Art

Apparently the second film was going toi feature Judge Death deflecting dredds bullets usind a dustbin lid, but the scene was dropped as it was considered "too silly".

JimBob

sadly the baby oil scene has had to be dropped as very similar scenes involving the Doctor and the Master exist in over 456 Who fan scripts.

Nice Tom

All right, here's a question: where do people stand on the question of Judge Dredd as an action movie on its own merits? Okay, the universal opinion on this board seems to be that it was a travesty compared to the comic (and I'd agree), I've read a lot of reviews that reckon it's pretty good by action movie standards.
One point about the opening of the movie- a lot of the progs aren't 2000AD, they're the Judge Dredd reprint title.

Smiley

Witch-hunts aside, I'm at the point where if I never heard speculation over, opinions on, or ideas for Dredd movies and Dredd computer games ever again I'd be quite happy.

judge dreddd

I find it hard to believe that you found this site, registered, posted a message without seeing the first page www.2000adonline.com that makes it pretty obvious its a comic.

The comic is great, titan books publish complete stories ( strips from the comics together, instead of week by week ) with larger panels and they are an awesome read.

The film is great except for one thing, the plot is far far far too complex.

I actually like the film, it would have been very easy to have dropped the judge uniform as it looks silly in film format but respect to stallone on insisting it should stay as it did.

It is possible to see the film and not realise its a comic but to find this board and not know sounds odd.  I advise you look in the graphic novels / comics section of large bookshops to try find mr dredd.

judge dreddd

on the front page of this website it says

"I am Tharg, editor of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic that has featured Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog and hundreds of other characters over the past 25 years. Click on the links below for an insight into the latest goings-on in my zarjaz world."

comic that featured judge dredd....mm... hint

Danny Franks

"They are pdf, what are pdf?"

You need to download Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to open a PDF file.

This link should do it (I think)

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Link: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html" target="_blank">http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

La Mer

stallonefan - a double negative surely?...
just like to point out that - I AM NOT SCOJO.
there,
sorted.
phew.

Something Fishy

To stick my little oar in (nudge nudge)..

i was convinced almost immediately.