Main Menu

Who are you?

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 05 September, 2003, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Hi all

I haven?t been posting here long (Since June 10th 2003 in fact) however I?ve found that I look at the board about once an hour whilst at work.

I really enjoy the communal spirit and the obvious love we all have for Tooth and have two points to make. Firstly I was interested in getting to know more about each of the regular boarders. (In fact is there anyway that I can find out the number of regular boarders?)

I?ve been reading tooth since prog 223 and am a very frustrated art droid.

Once I?ve finished renovating my house (another two months) I fully intend to contribute some fan art. Any one got any spare scripts without an illustrator knocking around?

My favourite character is Dredd but I have a soft spot for the classic Rogue Trooper.

Secondly IMHO the most entertaining threads on the board are the suggestions to improve the Meg and Tooth, which the boarders have come up with. Without being cliquey we are the fans who have stood by the prog through thick and thin. We have seen the heights it is capable of therefore surely any idea brought up should be considered.

I was wondering how many of these or even the polls have actually been acted on/seriously considered? Or have Matt Smith/Alan Barnes/Jason Kingsley ever commentated on why they think the suggestions are a bad idea/unfeasible.

Devons Daddy

im Devons Daddy here
neil to any one who does not come here
reader since prog 1 ( through thick and thin)
chef based in singapore.

top characters. Dredd, alpha. Dante.

the polls are great fun. though i dont think they are actaully taken with anything other then a pinch of salt.
as for comments here on threads. without doubt they do filter through. not with all the bells and whistles but now and then you see something come up.many of the creative droids are regular here.
so even if its not OH YES thats a great idea.by the very fact they do read the idea is likely to seed in their minds at the very least.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

case in piont.
teh current SD story  tax dodge. is credited to an idea by a poster on a tooth forum.
that if ever there was is proof postive.

its great here though isnt it.once an hour. i started like that as well.
but i can stop any time i want.
i just dont want to thats all.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

JTurner

Hiya.
To find out how many people are registered on this site, click the "Koom Skreee" bit of art at the top of the page and you'll get a big list.

I'm glad that you like the site. I've been drifting around since summer last year, but when at school (teaching, not studying!) it's hard to visit during the day when a lot seems to happen here. I've been very much enjoying the summer hols!

As for the pols, I've yet to see any official response (has anyone else?), we are a significant (but vocal) minority here - I think they look to the conventions and the letters to get a proper idea of what the majority want. I'd take notice of the polls, but I'm not sure if we represent the 'average' tooth reader. For example if it were up to the majority of boarders, SinDex would have gone ages ago.

Trout

Greetings, Rio.

I am your mighty king, overlord of the internet and ruler of the watery underworld.

You're scum.

But welcome! It's nice to have another new addition.

Don't take my benign megalomania personally. Everyone's scum but me.

- The puissant poisson

thinky

Rio - welcome to the board

you may have to run the accusatory gauntlet in the first couple of months as regulars refuse to believe you're the n'th incarnation of a troublesome ex-boarder (he who shall not be named)

once verified (and from reading posts it looks like i wasn't 'trusted' for a good 4 months or so) it's a nice place to be

yttim?
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

paulvonscott

"Any one got any spare scripts without an illustrator knocking around?"

No, honestly, I AM shamless.  Oh they won't believe me.

If you want to do Art for a comic, there is Solar Wind, a spoof 70's 80's kids SF comic that always needs artists.

Cheers

Paul

Link: http://www.solarwindcomic.co.uk" target="_blank">Solar Wind

Mikey

I am Mikey.
I am a fanboy.
This message board is habit forming.
No one of influence listens to rabid boarders,except maybe Grennie.I rest my case.
;p
Get drawing dude!
M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

judge dreddd

I am ... THE LAWhttp://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:L_3s8MOnZ-IC:www.superherophotos.net/heros/judge.jpg">

Quirkafleeg

I wear an orange shirt and drink lots at conventions

Trout

...until Gordon Rennie beats the crap out of him.

Heh, heh, heh. Splendid it was, too.

- Trout

Quirkafleeg

Oh like you were, there having gone to bed hours before...

Besides me and the grumpy one have made up long ago.

And the next con the Trout is battered...

paulvonscott

Hmmm... feeble threats that won't be backed up, there must be a dreddcon looming.

Rio De Fideldo

Ah even I know you're talking about Scojo or 2Kfan as he seems to be calling himself on the 2000adreview site.

I've heard his name mentioned several times over the months but I didn't realise what he'd done until a recent post on Gav's site.

Oh dear! What a mentalist!

His overuse of the smileys suggest a "I'm bonkers me" attitude when really he's probably a manic depressive.

But that's just my opinion.

x0x_Nemesis_x0x

Hi my names Richy Smith, i am a newbie to all this

Fav Characters: Mortis, Nemesis the warlock, Dredd, Durham Red