Main Menu

Killfile

Started by Wake, 14 May, 2002, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I have just created a killfile option for anyone who wants to ignore posts from certain users. The killfile operates in both the chatroom and the messageboard.

To add a user to your killfile, go to the chat room and type /killx where x is the username of the person you want to ignore. You can also remove them again using an /unkillx command.

If it works properly, the message index will not show threads which only contain messages from ignored users, the thread page will ignore them but you can still see their messages from the links at the bottom of the thread page.

In the chat room, ignored users will still appear on the room list but you won't see anything they say.

I'm open to suggestions of how to refine it.

BTW, if you scroll the chat room down you can see a list of available commands on the left.

Cheers,

Wake

Oddboy

Flippy Neck!!

That's well 1984 that is!
Joseph Starlin would be proud!

Scared Oddboy.
Better set your phaser to stun.

JTurner

My God. The 'Scojo Button' is finally a reality.

Oddboy

Wake - what is the lang thing?  I can't get it to do anything.

Thread Zero

The question is...

Do you wanna press it, punk?

scojo Eastwood

Wake

You change language and then type normally...don't type the sentences on the same line as the change lang command.

To test if a language is working you need a strong swear word. Only the first three languages have much to choose from.

Wake

Oddboy

Thanks Wake!

Word of warning to other users:  try to avoid capital letters if you want it to work.

Splundig vur Thrigg!

Wake

I think that the case sensitivity issue is now sorted(ish).

Wake

Art

Would it be excessive to hide all replies to killfiled posts as well?

Wake

Art

Thread Zero

Wake,

I was just wondering, if I insult Arthur, will he be able to see it?

Oh well...here goes.

Arthur I think you a Pfft.
But a sexy one.

Yours forever,

scojo

red_lichtie

Whopppeee! No more Scojo posts!!!!!

RL

Wood

Hands up who actually has Scojo killfiled?

I thought about it, but then I thought... where's the challenge, you know? :p

Art

True, but if you do killfile him you regain the ability to use the message board for, say, discussing 2000ad.