Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

There was a number of things that still bothered me about this game.

One being that other people walking round the city don't make such a fuss about this hooded character running around picking fights and bumping off the yellow guardsmen, climbing up wall and roof  and being able to jump safely into hay carts from insane heights in broad day light.

Yet, what takes the cake is his ability to blend in with a small group of dancing girls.

Sure, it looked cool when he marched in step with a bunch of monks wearing clothing that was is so similar that's it's believable that he's one of them.

In all fairness, what happens when some modern dude is using the Animus to experience the life of one of so called pirate ancestors. It's not real and could be written off as a metaphor for something more complex.

He could be some present day bloke running and hiding from the cops and then he runs into a brothel. Which is really symbolism for those dancing girls or vice-versa.

A lot of those outlandish stunts and the way people hardly react at all is just of this false reality that is a simulation within a game.

Grugz

little easter egg in witcher 2 , with an assassin dead in a broken hay cart.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Zenith 666

Ha that's great.I want to play witcher 2 but every time I start it I find its depth intimidating or some other game distracts me.Playing Wolfenstein at moment and loving it.

ThryllSeekyr

I was never impressed with what I have played of the Witcher - Two game and you may find my list of reason for my attitude towards some where in the Games section of this message board.

I may have it's own thread title or on this very thread, but much earlier.

The third game, however... looks very slick and will be available next Febuary.

Zenith 666

Looking forward to far cry 4.3 was fantastic and if not for the awful ending it would have been one of my favourite games ever.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just started Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii U.

I've never played any of them. This could fizzle into a trade in for Bayonetta on Friday or it could consume my evenings until Christmas.
Lock up your spoons!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 October, 2014, 10:56:52 AM

I've never played any of them. This could fizzle into a trade in for Bayonetta on Friday or it could consume my evenings until Christmas.

Stick with it - it's excellent! If you have any online buds with a Wii U get a squad together - it us immensely satisfying taking down a beast as a team.

I really wish they'd brought it out in the 360, and it was one if the few reasons I bought a Wii U.  Lack of other interesting titles made be trade it against a PS4 though.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 October, 2014, 10:56:52 AM

Tiny Tips (though he's actually a teenage Tips now) loved this on the Wii.  Some of the monster takedowns seemed to take him forever though - I'm guessing it's faster in multi-player.  I never played it because I have this illogical aversion to games where characters weild weapons that are bigger than they are.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richmond Clements

QuoteI never played it because I have this illogical aversion to games where characters weild weapons that are bigger than they are.

What, no knob gag..??

ThryllSeekyr

Aside from those other games I've been reportedly playing.....

I have also been playing a lot of Demi-God after sorting difficulties I had remembering the game I.D. code and the password I made for the game when I first set it up a few years back.

Kind of like that type of tower defence game that was Defence of the Ancients, except the graphics look way cooler. I've had my fill of the cartoonish Warcraft sprites since the first half of the double naughts had ended.

A addictive game that I was never able to beat at first and now that I set my opponents A.I. to Knight-Mare, it ridiculously hard and slow to knock down the health of the enemy Demi-God. Yet, this has only improved strategy's considerably and I keep returning back to this one for more.

Can't decide who is my favourite Demi-God is, but the blonde haired fellow in shades with the wings upgrade who fires a long distance crossbow bolt has the best chance of un-hinded survival. Especially seeing as he doesn't need to stand close enough to enemies units/buildings to take damage. One of his earliest special abilities allows him to stand quite along way from the grand melee to deliver a significantly lethal crossbow bolt.

Only problem with this gam is that multiplayer online appears to be dead (A least mine is!) and needs more players to return to this one. So, if you have spare ten dollars or just over the same amounts in pounds. We could set up awesome match. I believe there is even one for more than two players.

Darren Stephens

Been playing Lords of the Fallen for the last couple of weeks. Very enjoyable, slightly more accessible DarkSouls clone, really. But tonight, after putting over 22hrs into the game, my character has fallen down a pit, unable to escape. If I restart the game, i'm still down there. Looking online, it seems to be a known glitch. No more Lords of the Fallen for me, I think. Well pissed off.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Richmond Clements

CoD Advanced Warfare. It is good.

Link Prime

Harley's Revenge is going cheap on PSN, so I'm back to Arkham City this afternoon, coincidentally 2 years to the day since I last played it.
Annoyance: For some reason I've to re-download the Catwoman DLC too, it's gone missing from the save data.

Meaning I've had to put up with Tim Lovejoys poncing antics on Sunday Brunch while all this downloads in the background. Why hasn't anyone ever run on set and pulled his trousers down?

I, Cosh

Alright? Mostly just been doing jigsaws on the iPad lately. It's strangely compelling.

Anyway, I picked up a cheap PS3 today. Got a couple of games with it (Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim) which should keep me busy over the weekend but I'd appreciate some advice on what to play after that.

I've got Last of Us, Tokyo Jungle, Super Stardust and whatever Wipeouts are available marked down for immediate purchase but I'd be interested in any other PS3 exclusives I've missed out on over the last six years.
We never really die.

CrazyFoxMachine

From Codemasters comes...

Rebooting the 'table-top' tiny racing car experience as in ... IT'S BASICALLY JUST

but shhhiiit does that formula work still - after not playing it for 13 years or so the demo on Steam was an absolute blast and the modern capabilities of multiplayer make it even more rewarding and expansive.