Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hackenbush

We could always end up with some complete two series volumes

How about completing Defoe and Savage in one volume ..

IndigoPrime

Well, neither of those is complete in the Prog anyway, so it'd be whatever we have so far. Perhaps Mills will deign to finish them off at some point, but who knows?

abelardsnazz

There was a recent vote on here for a Ron Smith collection, which would be great a la the Carlos and Cam volumes. This could include Battle and Pirates of the Black Atlantic, Blood of Satanus, The Stupid Gun, Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo, Portrait of a Politician, plus all those brilliant one-parters around Prog 300.

Some more Dredd would be great in the final run, if indeed up to issue 140 is the final run....

abelardsnazz

Next two covers are up: second volumes of Indigo Prime and The VCs. https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/

The Corinthian

Inigo Prime?

Presumably this is why Hartley Hare turned up in Leatherjack?

Funt Solo

My name is Inigo Prime, you killed my multiverse, prepare to be wiped from existence.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

abelardsnazz

Dammit, the phone doesn't have a spellchecker. Thanks to the real IndigoPrime for amending my nonsense.

Hackenbush

To be fair - Hachette still shows the same mistake

I would totally read a Princess Bride Indigo Prime crossover

IndigoPrime

To clarify, the edit I made wasn't spellings—it was to make the link work.

abelardsnazz

Yes, it appears that the spelling error is Hachette's and not mine as I thought. Is that my coat?

The Corinthian

Yep, I was having a pop at Hachette's spelling - no one else's - and wouldn't even have done that if an obscure 70s puppet series tangent hadn't popped into my mind.

abelardsnazz

Indigo Prime Volume 2 contains:

Everything and More
Anthropocalypse
Perfect Day
A Dying Art
Fall of the House of Vista

So that's all of it to date.

The intro also states that Cradlegrave is forthcoming in the collection, yay! - guess it's likely this will be paired with Revere, leaving enough pages for some Smith Future Shocks/Terror Tales - or even Slaughterbowl!?

The Corinthian

I think you could squeeze just about squeeze Revere, Cradlegrave, Slaughterbowl and A Love Like Blood into one volume but I'd prefer two books with room for things like Danzig's Inferno and The Strange Case of the Wyndham Demon as well.

I'm very excited to see Perfect Day collected at last!

IndigoPrime

Cradlegrave: 73 pages
Revere: 109 pages
Slaughterbowl: 48
Total: 230

That would seem to fill a book, once you take into account chapter markers and such. ALLB is 36 pages and might fit the broader horror theme alongside Cradlegrave and perhaps Revere better than Slaughterbowl. I guess we'll see. (Tyranny Rex is on the way too, right?)

leethomson

FYI there's a short John Smith retrospective at The Comics Journal today, prompted by the Revere digital release. http://www.tcj.com/from-revere-to-eternity-the-works-of-john-smith/