Main Menu

Dave Evans, R.I.P.

Started by Mike Carroll, 07 May, 2021, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

Literally ONLY JUST heard the news....

FUCKITTY FUCKY FUCK

Who's going to get me another Gronk now?

Bolt you always were one of my favourite gingers.

RIP
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

stacey

It has been such a long time since I posted here but had to say something about our lovely friend Dave. Dave and Richmond were the first people I ever talked to at a comic con. My ex had a story accepted and we wanted to say thank you and hello. From then on they were my friends. Their choice by the way, neither let us walk by without saying hullo. At Inverness when he and I were a bit too shy (yes me!) to introduce ourselves to everyone, Dave just picked our table up added it to the group and I made forever friends with lots of you that weekend. We may not talk much, it may just be on social media or at cons but these friendships are real and important. And the loss of Dave is just huge, massive. I'm struggling with it and know many of you are too. So yes. That's all. Huge love and hugs to all of you xxxx

CrazyFoxMachine

I've been asked by Bolt's family to share a Zoom link for the funeral on the forum for the ceremony this Friday afternoon - not sure if it would be more appropriate for it to be in this thread or somewhere else. Mods, feel free to message me on this subject if you can think of the most appropriate way to go about this.

So yes, just to let you know, if you want to pay your respects and you feel comfortable with it, it's happening this Friday at three-ish.

IndigoPrime

If the family is happy for the link to be made publicly available on the forum, I think we're fine with it being posted. If that changes, I'll edit the thread accordingly.

CrazyFoxMachine

Hawkmumbler

Thanks for letting us know O, I'll clear my schedule that afternoon.

CrazyFoxMachine

Okay, after some discussion, it's been decided the link shouldn't be put here, publicly viewable on the forum - so if anyone wants the link, give me a buzz either here via PM, on FB, twitter etc etc I'm everywhere as @owenwattsdraws

Cheers everyone - I hope you're all holding up okay <3

CrazyFoxMachine

Thanks to everyone who contacted me - it was a deeply cathartic day, painful but beautiful and a very real convention hotel bar vibe emerged in the evening which I'm sure people will be comforted by.

The "stream" of the ceremony will be available in the week for 28 days or so, so do contact me if you want access to it and I'll pass the details along to you. Or, for anything at all of course, we are none of us an island and help is always there, even if your mind tells you doggedly that it's not.

<3

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Dandontdare

I thought his family did him proud with the speeches .. including his best advice to his kids "Never draw Dredd's nose and pop WILL eat itself"

Colin YNWA

Yeah it was a wonderful ceremony and Bolt's family were amazing. Thanks for sharing access Crazyfoxmachine I'm really glad i was able to go and hope everyone was able to draw strenght from it.

Hawkmumbler

Aye twas a lovely service, thank you very much to all involved for the opportunity to share in the farewell. Nothing but love to the Bolts, they all did Dave proud.

Judgedreddrocks

Will Zarjaz be continuing without Dave?
Will there be a Zarjaz special to commemorate his life and effort in creating such a wonderful fanzine?
Dave was such a powerhouse and is sorely missed.
If not, I think everyone would totally understand.

Richard

The FutureQuake website is no longer operating, so I think it's over, which is a shame.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richard on 23 August, 2021, 01:40:09 PM
The FutureQuake website is no longer operating, so I think it's over, which is a shame.

As I understand it, they were still getting orders via the site that they were in no position to fulfil, and without admin rights to the site, access to the FQ bank account, or a clear idea of stock levels, the easiest thing to do was get the host to disable the site.

I'm pretty sure conversations will be had on the subject of the future of FutureQuake, but I imagine they'll be difficult and painful... so give 'em a bit more time.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.