Main Menu

Kickstarter: The Johnny Alpha/Strontium Dog Statue Of Your Dreams

Started by broodblik, 04 February, 2023, 03:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

It's very nice but unfortunately just out my price range. 🙁 I hope they reach all there targets and vote for a Gronk addition
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Rogue Judge

I'm very excited about this one, I backed it yesterday! Looks perfect, and I really hope it gets to the stretch goal of Gronk too.

It's not cheap, to afford it, I had to sell my original Gameboy Advance (in-box, with several games and other GB goodies). I'm not a gamer, so a worthwhile effort in my mind. Sell your stuff if you have to :D and let's make this Kickstarter happen!

Rogue Judge

The statute reached it's goal and achieved and additional stretch goal of 2 extra hands, including a Blaster and Electronux. Delivery expected to be in July.

I'm excited about it! else here back the Alpha Kickstarter?

moly

Yes I backed this and hope they can continue doing more after this one

Rogue Judge

Quote from: moly on 03 March, 2023, 05:41:28 PMYes I backed this and hope they can continue doing more after this one

Great moly, I look forward to seeing it in person. Fish had noted that if this were to be funded, they would be doing a Rogue Trooper next.

In addition to Rogue, I'd like to see a Wulf statute  and a Gene the Hackman too, if I had a wishlist.

moly

Think additional release will depend on how these sell at retail as I think they were planning on doing 500 and only about 130 were pledged in the Kickstarter fingers crossed for more though

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 03 March, 2023, 07:02:44 PM
Quote from: moly on 03 March, 2023, 05:41:28 PMYes I backed this and hope they can continue doing more after this one

Great moly, I look forward to seeing it in person. Fish had noted that if this were to be funded, they would be doing a Rogue Trooper next.

In addition to Rogue, I'd like to see a Wulf statute  and a Gene the Hackman too, if I had a wishlist.

Gene has been done by "Savvi" and will be launching in Q5 sometime in the far future😝

Rogue Judge

Quote from: moly on 03 March, 2023, 09:01:52 PMThink additional release will depend on how these sell at retail as I think they were planning on doing 500 and only about 130 were pledged in the Kickstarter fingers crossed for more though

Gotcha, 130 is a far cry from 500, unfortunately. Although I prefer Johnny and am glad we got him first, I do wonder if a Rogue Trooper would to better. His fan base on social media are pretty vocal anyway.

Rogue Judge

I've not heard of Savvi, so I missed the potential irony or joke there!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 03 March, 2023, 11:40:44 PMI've not heard of Savvi, so I missed the potential irony or joke there!

Sorry I thought you would have remembered that "Savvi" launched a 12 inch Gene the Hackman on the last Advent thread that will never see the light of day!

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 04 March, 2023, 07:28:16 AM
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 03 March, 2023, 11:40:44 PMI've not heard of Savvi, so I missed the potential irony or joke there!

Sorry I thought you would have remembered that "Savvi" launched a 12 inch Gene the Hackman on the last Advent thread that will never see the light of day!

Oh I remember the 12" Gene masterpiece well! I'd happily pre-order that puppy! :D I had only forgotten the name Savvi, now I remember...sounds like we'll be waiting to get a Gene by Savvi until the 'Them' come home!

Trooper McFad

Yep it will be a long wait for Gene
I was on "Savvi" sister sight Zavvi and they are no longer supplying the Hiya figures and no time lines for the few I had preordered from them - time to cancel and source direct.

Rogue Judge

I dont collect modern toys, but I've been super tempted to get some of those Hiya Dredd figures, the line looks awesome. However, I need to stick to my own collecting rules...only toys from the 80s and 90s (GI Joe, MOTU, TMNT  Transformers and a few others). Collecting can be a dangerous game! If I started collecting modern figures, the flood gates would open...Hiya Dredd, GI Joe classified...when/how to stop?

I hope you can track those Hiya Dredds down! Do you display them all?

Tamping

It's out of my price range. Im devastated! Can't I pay £5 a month?!