Main Menu

The Walking Dead (Book four) is in the shops!

Started by Oddboy, 23 December, 2005, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

As the title says... I know a few folks here are folling this series & might be interested to know the new book is buyable.

Picked it up yesterday, but not read it yet.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Megadeth

I'm still hoping that Amazon manage to send me one of the deluxe hardbacks of the first 24 issues which I ordered for the bargain price of ?7.73 a month ago.

If not i'll be picking up the tpb soon after Xmas.

DavidXBrunt

How friggins much? Bargain.

Book 4 is selling out all over the place and brings to a close the first phase of 'Walking Dead' in an interesting, mostly Zombie free, way.

The Amstor Computer

IIRC, the bargain hardback was a bad listing - whether Amazon will honour orders placed for the book when it was mispriced is an interesting question...

Trout

Megadeth

Yeah it was a very bad listing!

I've had a couple of emails from them telling me they're pushing the delivery estimate back. Although that isn't good news it does however seem that they are prepared to process the order if they can find the stock.

DavidXBrunt

The bad news is that such is the demand for this series that the complete print run of the hardback has been over ordered to a quantity of 4 to 1 meaning only a quarter of retail orders are going to be able to be met.

House of Usher

Over Christmas I read 1-3 of the trade paperbacks of The Walking Dead.

Flipping Heck! I'd been glancing through the monthly issues in the shop but not picking it up because I missed its debut - thought I'd catch up with it as a collected work; and am I ever glad I did !!

One of the most powerful comic books I've read in years. Phew.

STRIKE !!!

ARRISARRIS

Bolt-01

I was gifted with 5 issues over the holidays (17-21) and was absolutely blown away by the quality of the series.

I'll be tracking down the collections as I can.

Bolt-01

Oddboy

Arris -
The Walking Dead is a comic by Robert Kirkman, drawn (mainly) by Charlie Adlard.
Fecking excellent zombie tale.
Better set your phaser to stun.