Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

I'm with Tankie and have been bothered as this has gone on at the one-sided nature of this argument.
Trouble is, it's a story of actual real-world hardship and LS tells it so entertainingly. Doesn't make him a blameless victim of the State, but I root for him anyway.

All The Best, Shark, in the upcoming days.

The Legendary Shark

Maybe I have gone a little over the top - no excuses.

Perhaps it would be better for all concerned if I stop posting here and use a blog instead.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

NapalmKev

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 May, 2014, 10:15:22 AM
Maybe I have gone a little over the top - no excuses.

Perhaps it would be better for all concerned if I stop posting here and use a blog instead.

This thread is about all things that could be constituted as Political. Your situation Sharky is of a political nature, as far as I'm concerned. And, as long as the Mods or 'Rebellion' themselves have no qualms about you posting such material, then you should continue to do so!

Regarding this guy at the Council (we dare not speak/type his name) if what you've said is true then I can't see how 'defamation of character' would hold up in court (as long as there is evidence of course).

All the best my good man, and Fight the Power!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Richmond Clements

I don't know where this stands legally - I have asked for a ruling on Shark's posts here.

The Legendary Shark

I will abide by the mods' decision.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Daveycandlish

I reckon Rebellion just need a disclaimer that they do not support/endorse any opinions on the forums and we can carry on letting the mods keep the house in order.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Professor Bear

I don't think putting names and addresses up here adds anything to the argument beyond spelling things out for anyone too thick to click a link in someone's profile info, where many of us - perhaps unwisely - have links to our names, addresses, and information on how to make bombs.

Old Tankie

I probably am being "too thick to click a link", but I can't find your real name and work address anywhere on here!

Professor Bear

It is on a LINK, you eedjit.  I shan't point to it!

Old Tankie

Thanks for your reasonable reply, all you're doing is proving that you don't have the bottle to put it on here!

Professor Bear

Old Tankie

The difference is, Prof, "you eedjit", I didn't post the official's name and work address, unlike yourself.  You've got the front to put the guy's details on here, but not the bottle to put your own.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 16 May, 2014, 03:37:26 PM
I didn't post the official's name and work address, unlike yourself.

That would be the publicly available information on a public servant, yes? Who, in the unlikely event that anyone actually contacted him to complain over this matter, would have ample opportunity to set the record straight in his response to the complaint?

I agree completely that Shark needs to be very careful about what he says about any named individual — true or not, it may prove prejudicial to any hope of resolution he may have. Getting your knickers in a twist about the posting of information that can be obtained via the vicious left-wing subterfuge of searching on Google seems like a fairly determined effort to be offended for offence's sake.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Oh I see, you're not actually making any valid points or - crucially - listening to anything you're being told repeatedly by multiple posters, you're just arguing in circles.  By all means have at it.

/ignore

Professor Bear

Whoopsy - that last post wasn't aimed at you, Jim.  Although you are completely terrible, obviously.