Main Menu

Serenity

Started by LARF, 27 April, 2005, 03:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Running Clam

I'm looking forward to this alot.The trailer was good and I cant wait to see the Reavers.

Steamboy

The original Alien 4 script is presented complete on the Alien QUadrology(WTF does that word actually exist) box set Alien 4 extras disc, sat and read the whole thing pretty much the same movie they just seemed to alter the end, trust me when i say while what Wheadon had planned as the climax would've been cool it had even less to do with the Alien mythology than the Human/Alien hybrid, picture this they're crashed on earth big huge Alien thingy escapes outside, Riply the robot and the big funny hellboy dude pursue it, Alien Sprouts wings(W.T.F.) running leap to fly off toward civilization, Riply and Co pursue in jeep and shoot it down out of the Air, crashs into the ground in splutch of gore, The End....but all up the script was almost exactly what they filmed.
I've seen a couple of episodes of FireFly on TV over here but its on in a post midnight slot so bit late for me but what I saw I liked, isn't it always the way the good Sci-fi gets axed and the Trek keeps going.

CU Krestel

Art

I now have the yanky DVD. Reports on the extras will follow as I watch them...

Mudcrab

Hmm, sounds like I need to see this. Certainly liked the look of the em, poster for Serenity. Heard the odd thing about it and been told it's good. Bit of a sci-fi fan myself (duh) so got to worth be a try, especially with some well respected boarders good views on it.

Ah, compliments for Xmas.

I do hope they make more Futurama, although I did think it ended well. A film would be nice.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Bico

I wouldn't get hopes up about Futurama - the cast were killed off in the console game, which the writers of the show were responsible for, claiming it was the only way to give them the send-off they wanted after the rug was pulled out from under them without warning on the weekly show.
Not sure where that comes into continuity, though - the writers of the show wrote the game's script and claim it's canon, so there you go.

Mudcrab

"the cast were killed off in the console game"

Right enough, I forgot about that, played it too but never did get all the codes so you could watch the "last episode" from all the cut-scenes. Must get it back from nephew for his Simpsons Road Rage which I have now finished :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Rex Banner

Matt Groening has talked about doing more Futurama in the form of straight to dvd episodes.

Extras are Serenity are the usual mix of deleted scenes, out-takes & featurettes. All pretty good but could do with being longer. Nice introduction from Joss Whedon thanking the fans for their support. Haven't listened to the commentary yet.

Art

The lack of a cast cometary is apparently to do with the short release schedule. The UK version will have more special features.

Art

It's a film that stands up well to a second viewing  though really I think of it more as the Best Season Finale Evah rather than a motion picture. I've not watched the commentary yet, but so far the other features are nothing much: The main thing that you can tell with the deleted scenes is that there wasn't a lot of fat to cut and that everything that got left on the cutting room floor went for a reason.

The region 2 version should be better, you lucky gits. Remmember to attach it to the side of your Firefly boxed set using futuristic silver gaffer-tape.

Floyd-the-k

ummm, what exactly happens in serenity?http://www.darebin.vic.gov.au/Page/Images/Fido_Public_Art.jpg">

Art

er, basically a Han Solo knock off has some adventures while trying to keep evil goveremnt types from getting hold of a victim of evil ecperiments whos stowed away aboard his ship...

TBH If you've not seen Firefly you're better off watching that first.

Quirkafleeg

Planning to watch Firefly real soon...

Roger Godpleton

Best film of 2005 according to Film 2005 viewers!!!
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ming

It was probably the best film I saw this year (at the film festival here in Bergen, rivalled only by Favela Rising).  I hadn't seen Firefly, although I now have it on DVD, and personally I don't think it matters much.  If you like the film, you'll like the series, and vice versa.

Off to see that Chronic - what? film tonight :-)

Art

"Best film of 2005 according to Film 2005 viewers!!!"

Hmm, I suspect that might be a "Most organised vote-riggers" award, but it's nice to see anyway. That said, it's not exactly been a stellar year for blockbusters, and it's possible they hadn't seen Kong yet...