Main Menu

Marvel?! MARVEL?!!!!

Started by The Bissler, 13 January, 2013, 11:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Some people say "Marvel comics" when they means "comics". It winds me up, too.

I also get annoyed when people assume every cat is female. Idiots.  ;)

Silent_Bomber

Marvel Judge Dredd?

Turns out the real Joe was replaced by his clone Rico 20 years ago!!  :o

Or was he?

Was Nimrod the true Joe Dredd all along?!

Frank

It's clearly a typo, and the logo's missing an extra 'L', as the reverse of the mug's covered in 17th century metaphysical poetry. The fight scene in Marvell comics' To His Coy Mistress (issue number one) is a belter.

Spikes

Quote from: Silent_Bomber on 13 January, 2013, 01:03:51 PM
Marvel Judge Dredd?

Turns out the real Joe was replaced by his clone Rico 20 years ago!!  :o

Or was he?

Was Nimrod the true Joe Dredd all along?!

And he'd have a Girlfriend, with big knockers, and they'd fight crime together - or is that more DC comics?

maryanddavid

Funnily enough Marvel Dredd could have been a reality if the deal to get Third World War and New Statesmen published by Marvel happened.

Spikes

I think a good many people automatically assume that Dredd (or any comic character, for that matter) are either Marvel or DC.
A non-comic reading mate who's, for some reason, got the Marvel app on his i-phone said he'd maybe download some Dredd stuff to read. I couldnt be bothered to correct him..

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: Judge Jack on 13 January, 2013, 02:04:07 PMAnd he'd have a Girlfriend, with big knockers, and they'd fight crime together
Only if they were both hit with a huge dose of radiation, radiation never has ill side effects, just gives ya superpowers, woooooo!

*Sticks head in microwave*

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Judge Jack on 13 January, 2013, 07:18:51 PM
I think a good many people automatically assume that Dredd (or any comic character, for that matter) are either Marvel or DC.
A non-comic reading mate who's, for some reason, got the Marvel app on his i-phone said he'd maybe download some Dredd stuff to read. I couldnt be bothered to correct him..

Yep, during my 8 viewing Dredd film marathon I mentioned in work Dredd was British created, and featured in a successful British comic, and no-one believed me!!!  That's just bloody tragic.

HdE

Quote from: Silent_Bomber on 13 January, 2013, 08:36:28 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 13 January, 2013, 02:04:07 PMAnd he'd have a Girlfriend, with big knockers, and they'd fight crime together
Only if they were both hit with a huge dose of radiation, radiation never has ill side effects, just gives ya superpowers, woooooo!

*Sticks head in microwave*

I tried that once. I wasa bit sick afterwards. But then, I came back - as FREELANCE LETTEROR!

It did nothing for my chest, though.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie lives in the same city as a prominent Marvel comics blogger who has also contributed to reference books published by that company.

When ever our paths have crossed he has insisted incessantly & all in seriousness, "Do you know that Marvel are buying Judge Dredd?"

Note his use of the present tense as opposed to, "Did you know that Marvel made noises about buying Judge Dredd back in the 1990s?"

His claims began just after the DC reprint line was announced in 2004. Comics beyond Marvel are not his forte.

Idiot.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

I, Cosh

Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 13 January, 2013, 11:47:23 AM
I also get annoyed when people assume every cat is female.
When does this happen? You Highlanders are weird.
We never really die.

hippynumber1

Quote from: The Cosh on 14 January, 2013, 12:29:20 PM
Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 13 January, 2013, 11:47:23 AM
I also get annoyed when people assume every cat is female.
When does this happen? You Highlanders are weird.

This happens all the time - all those bloody cat food ads do it!  It makes my (tom) cat furious!

James Stacey

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 January, 2013, 12:32:38 PM
This happens all the time - all those bloody cat food ads do it!  It makes my (tom) cat furious!

How can you tell she's angry ?