Main Menu

Things that went over your head (non-prog-related)

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 10 January, 2021, 07:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

It's probably about time there was a separate thread for the non-2000ad stuff.

Anyway I've just learned that both of the young lads in Kriss Kross were called Chris, hence the name.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

radiator

After watching through The Sopranos half a dozen times over the last decade, I literally only just realised that Richie Aprile isn't played by Armand Assante (Rico from the 1995 Dredd film) and is actually played by an actor called David Proval. Damn they look alike!

JayzusB.Christ

Feck, you're not wrong there.  I'm ashamed to say that I'd over half of The Departed before realising Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon were two different people.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

milstar

That Captain Britain is regular part of Marvel universe. Up til then, I saw him akin to what Miracleman was for Shazam.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

paddykafka

So it was about ten years ago and I had recently befriended this lady who I really liked but wasn't sure if she felt the same way. Then when I start getting texts from her, a lot of them ended with LOL.

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered, that those initials were short for "Laugh Out Loud" and not "Lots of Love", as I had previously hoped.

:lol:

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

That certain comic book writers names are Dan Scott and Garth Dennis.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

sheridan

The LOL for 'lots of love' is quite common - hence you might receive a text saying something along the lines of "I just heard about your mother's death - LOL"

JayzusB.Christ

Funt Solo

Quote from: sheridan on 05 May, 2021, 12:58:29 PM
The LOL for 'lots of love' is quite common - hence you might receive a text saying something along the lines of "I just heard about your mother's death - LOL"

She might have been roundly hated - LMAO

LMAO: let me apologize, ok?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

Watched Fury the other night. The movie is so - so, average entry in ww2 cinema, but the whole movie I thought I am watching Ryan Phillipe as the new guy. I was around 90 percent sure, but I stuck to ending credits - Brad Pitt, Shia LeBouf, Michael Pena, Jon Bernthal, Logan Lerman... Logan who?

JayzusB.Christ

It's just occurred to me that Cruella DeVil's surname is a play on 'devil'.  In my defence, I've never seen any film with her in it.

Dandontdare

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 June, 2021, 01:46:01 PM
It's just occurred to me that Cruella DeVil's surname is a play on 'devil'.  In my defence, I've never seen any film with her in it.

I've got some alarming news for you about that nice Sidney De'ath

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 June, 2021, 01:46:01 PM

Never copped that one myself.