Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: JamesC on 15 May, 2013, 08:27:14 PM
But since you specifically asked people not to recommend Nfs games how about downloading Sega's Daytona USA off XBLA?
Have just downloaded this. The control system's actually quite neat but it's never going to be the same if you're not sitting wheel to wheel with three mates.
We never really die.

The Doctor Alt 8

Currently playing Jedi Knights of the republic 2, the sith lords... ( title sounds longer than the game) Rinning around trying to find a crystal for my lightsaber and 3 Jedi masters in hiding...

Zarjazzer

I've been trying Sith Lords kotor 2 but I find it a bit trying still stuck on some mine, hunting-what am I looking for again? Whatever it is it's not enthusing me for this game. :-\
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Richmond Clements

Anybody else playing Star Trek Rivals in the iphone?
It's just dominos with pictures of Spock, but horribly addictive...

Keef Monkey

Finished Mark Of The Ninja yesterday. Been playing it in half hour chunks on my lunch breaks, it's perfect for that sort of thing, but way more compelling and absorbing than most XBLA games I've played. Really addictive, beautiful art direction and a lot of replay value. Really good game this.

The Doctor Alt 8

Aaaaaggghh I am just SO crap at swoop racing. ( And before any of you smart Alecks make a "woman drivers" comment) its the bloody controls... On the PC they are crap... And none instinctive... They make no sense... ( But I 've also noticed THAT in games... )

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 25 May, 2013, 11:08:50 AM
Finished Mark Of The Ninja yesterday. Been playing it in half hour chunks on my lunch breaks, it's perfect for that sort of thing, but way more compelling and absorbing than most XBLA games I've played. Really addictive, beautiful art direction and a lot of replay value. Really good game this.

Yeah, it has been getting a lot of great reviews. I'm not usually a fan of stealth stuff (though I did like Tenchu) but I'm very tempted to pick this up.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 25 May, 2013, 02:03:32 PM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 25 May, 2013, 11:08:50 AM

Yeah, it has been getting a lot of great reviews. I'm not usually a fan of stealth stuff (though I did like Tenchu) but I'm very tempted to pick this up.

Not big on stealth myself, although there are some games I really like it in (the Arkham games felt very sneaky but also forgiving enough when you get spotted to not be frustrating).

There were a couple of moments in this I found a tiny bit frustrating, but because the skills you get make you really well equipped for it most situations are really satisfying to sneak and stab your way through. Also, if you get spotted you can just let yourself get killed and you're back at one of the frequent checkpoints almost straight away. I'd recommend maybe grabbing a demo of it and see what you think, might be the right kind of stealth for you too!

radiator

Mark of the Ninja is the only really satisfying stealth game I've played - usually I can't stand the genre. Really solid mechanics, and never penalises the player unfairly. Top notch game, criminally underrated.

Buy it!

shaolin_monkey

Ok, I will get the demo and give it a whirl then.

ThryllSeekyr

I downloaded LACKEYCCG for Windows.....

http://www.lackeyccg.com/

Since then I downloaded the Plugin for RAGE....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LackeyCCG

A collectable card game that was popular in the mid 90s & still is to this day.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(collectible_card_game)

Here are the rules.....

http://www.werepenguin.com/rage/rules/

I spent a full day & night building a huge card deck to only find out it's illegally constructed and doesn't work. So I have opted for one of the smaller pre-constructed card decks and spent another day getting the basic rules straight and figuring out the control on LACKEYCCG and I'm still at it.

radiator

Castlevania: SotN (XBLA): a game which I remember wanting when it first came out but never got round to. I'm playing it now and, a few frustrating moments where the game shows its age aside, I'd say it deserves its classic status.

Warhammer Quest (iOS): snapped this up the other day. A highly polished top down dungeon crawler strategy type affair, with the WH license. Who could resist? Not me, obviously. Seems really good so far.

Also been replaying Bastion as I saw it was available on iOS. Works surprisingly well on the iPad.

DrJomster

Been eyeing up Warhammer Quest too... Only a matter of days till I crack I reckon! Looks great and the reviews have been very good indeed.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

JamesC

Just started X-Com on the Xbox 360 this afternoon - I think this is going to be a good one!

I've also downloaded Knights of the Old Republic on the iPad which I'm looking forward to. Never played it before.

The Doctor Alt 8

I can't defeat or run away from the 3 sith masters in the secret sith base/ mausoleum on the moon of Dxun in Knights of the Old Republic 2, The Sith Lords.  It is utterly impossible...