Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Well just got it for 8 quid! :)

shaolin_monkey

Goaty

Theblazeuk

Alien: Isolation.

Only about 15 minutes in but gosh, this is very well made. The cinematic presentation of everything is enough for me so far, even if right now I'm just exploring rather than really interacting with AI/systems. I want System Shock 3 made by these people so much. I feel like I'm on a creaking space station abandoned by all life (so far), falling to pieces and close to help - I can see an evac route floating outside the windwo - but no way I can get there.

I wish I could go back and just play this for 2 hours instead of watching Prometheus.

CheechFU

I watched the Alan Turing movie and then I played XCOM Enemy Within on my tablet while sitting on the toilet.
I don't think he, or Hitler, ever imagined such a future could be possible.

ThryllSeekyr

I've being playing both Saints Row games, most probably not the first and definitely not the latest one.

Not really bad games, that kind of cashed in on the success of the GTA games with the added appeal of being able to design whatever character your supposed to play. I think in each game your character is the very same or some different remember of the Saints Row gang.

I played a bit of the later/better version nearly a month ago when I first brought both games and made up a female Hispanic girl inspired by Slaine's - Nest-of-the-Speckled-Face. Completed with short bangs of red hair and freckles. For some strange reason, I messed around with her nose and it was kind of knobbly. She had the muscular body of wrestler while still looking very shapely. and kind of bottom heavy. 

I played the game again last night for the first time after I found plastic surgeon. I fixed her nose by resetting all the nose sliders back to their default setting and removed the ghastly make-up I gave her. The short red hair (Which didn't look like a natural red at all!) became more of brown/blonde colour, long flowing pig-tails. (Much better!)

She started out as the ficticous president of United-States-America and some aliens (Who look very similar to the ones from The Fifth Element!) attack and over power and throw her in a 1950's computer simulation of the world that she eventually breaks free of.

(Amazing stuff!!!)

And then she is put into a more contemporary city setting with a touch of the surreal alien tower/building/fixture on every few blocks of the grid. Some of the brick walls and wooden fencing flicker and almost de-rezz (A word taken from Tron) and the water ways appear as a moving orangey red grid pattern upon closer inspection. It's like they know they in a simulation of city within this game. 

It's intentional, I know!

She was shot once (Among many times...I should just stop playing when this happens!) while trying on clothing in one of the city's numerous places to buy apparel and forced to spend the rest of last month and most last night game running around au-natural (With her rude bits censored of course!). This was kind of fantastic for me (The view from behind!) as she would run, shoot, doge, crash tackle and perform any one of the devastating wrestling moves that would finish anybody (Giving her more money to buy stuff.....sometimes!) or the police/aliens (Which give her back some health!). Love the Alien hover cars and bike that can fly much higher. When she beams/teleports into the hover-cars so easily.

Too easily, but very cool.

Yet, I hate driving in this game and prefer to just run around. When the only directional controls are via the keyboard and not the mouse. I think I tried to fix this, but failed.

I eventually got her clothed in something called the Saints-Cyber-Suit dark purple from head to toe with a flickering grid on it. (Naturally inspired by The Matrix films!) after getting her killed/derezzed many times over and a totally free D.J. costume and that's where I stopped playing this for now!

She has the sexy voice of a Spanish lady with a deep voice while derezzing you!

While I made this insanely anorexic mutant of woman with a man's voice. (Please don't complain about my choice as it was given to me!) and then I went back tried to make her look insanely attractive and failed miserably. She had deeply tanned skin despite being Caucasian. Some very pointy elven ears (I was tempted to make her a female Ukko, but exercised some restraint! (Character height is always fixed, but the other options in both games give me a lot slack!) and long straight brown hair that flowed over her shoulders. Then I gave  her these large chops (Like large Side-burns With out the mo. Almost like my own, except that's what I have exactly!) as apposed to what is Mutton-Chops (In this game!) which are large side-burns attached to a handlebar like mo. She just had these large sideburns and a very silly facial expression. It was another option I now forget the name of as well. The most funny thing about this woman was her english accent. The very male voice of a British thug! Yeah, I chose man's voice and giggled every time she had something to say.

After breaking out the prison, (After numerous attempts!) and then took ages getting a feel the city near by making money beating up on random citizens and earning some rep taking down rival gang members some wielding swords and others wearing lots of green. Before I got her out of orange overalls (Her prison uniform!) and into some track-pants and a tight green stripy tank top. She now wore a green bandana with a camoflage design on it and white runners. She did look more like bloke with women's body now with the head gear that made her look more like a guy.

After breaking Gat out of the court-house and clearing out a abandoned mission that was mostly buried underground during a earth quake (Huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer reference there!) and use it as the gang's H.Q. I really felt bad about having her murdering all the homeless folk who were using it, but it's just a game.

She can also tag pre-selected brick wall around the city/neighbourhood with the Saints Row personal iconography/ coat of arms. Which really brings me back to the days of playing The Warriors game Based on the cult film!) while still bothered to use the PStwo.

And that's where I left it.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: CheechFU on 25 January, 2015, 08:40:40 PM
I watched the Alan Turing movie and then I played XCOM Enemy Within on my tablet while sitting on the toilet.

I finished Enemy Within on Sunday night. Quite liked it.
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 27 January, 2015, 09:14:16 AM

I still haven't made it to the end of Enemy Unknown. Have had three playthroughs end on me a few hours in because either my doomsday clock ran out or I lost all my decent men in quick succession so just couldn't cope with the missions at that point. Really need to go back to it.

wedgeski

ALien: Isolation, PC. 15 hours in and now just trying to survive (what I assume is) the finale.

Remarkable game, especially if you're an insane, won't hear a word against it, best-film-ever, "Alien" fan. Probably the best-looking and sounding game I've ever played, as well. Amazing. Can't fathom some of the poor reviews it got.

Link Prime

Quote from: wedgeski on 27 January, 2015, 11:29:47 AM
ALien: Isolation, PC. 15 hours in and now just trying to survive (what I assume is) the finale.

Remarkable game, especially if you're an insane, won't hear a word against it, best-film-ever, "Alien" fan. Probably the best-looking and sounding game I've ever played, as well. Amazing. Can't fathom some of the poor reviews it got.

I've finally bought a PS4 (using a combination of birthday present cash & vouchers) and the first game I considered buying was Alien Isolation.
The 'Nostromo edition' is dirt cheap on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Isolation-Nostromo-Edition-PS4/dp/B00KL4PNWU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1422359487&sr=1-1&keywords=alien+isolation).
It's in the post, ETA Thursday morning...

Richmond Clements

Thryllseekyr- Just. Fucking. Stop. It.
Last warning.

ThryllSeekyr

I forgot to mention the second game I was commenting on about secondly.

Combat and movement is more clumsy or clunky than it is in the later version I played. (Naturally!)
There is a noticeable difference in the quality gameplay here.

Especially, where I would get my character to jump or climb over obstacles. The game would slow down as she did these things.

If she leapt down from a safe height, her body would still momentarily go limp before resuming. Sometimes with a bit of a roll.  I found this very strange drop in quality of game movement  combined with attention to realism when it came to jumping  down from a ledge or mountainside at a safe jumping distance!.

I put in another hour or two of game play  in the later game and found this Costume-Store called Let's Pretend where I got her some other get-up combined with a American-Eagle mask which I coloured golden and there was this costume called a toilet that was for free. So I naturally got that.

It's not so much costume than it really is just normal toilet that is the only thing seen floating on her then invisable body when ever it's worn. It got to be seen to be believed. I will need to install the game on this computer to get some footage of this via Shadowplay.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 27 January, 2015, 11:55:06 AM
Thryllseekyr- Just. Fucking. Stop. It.
Last warning.

I say unless you find some truly offencive, maybe you should just let it go.

I really mean this as well dude!

Just stop being such dick about it, It's not like I'm talking about raping small animals or human children.

I'm just described a I game I played...thats it!

Now, just let it go...OKAY!!!!!!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 27 January, 2015, 10:54:13 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 27 January, 2015, 09:14:16 AM

I did use the "Save scum" option that lets you reload and try a shot again. Without it, the results of each calculation are fixed - the game uses a random number to work out if you hit or miss, and the default is for the number to be locked. Save scum changes it each time you load, so you can get different results.

I still haven't made it to the end of Enemy Unknown. Have had three playthroughs end on me a few hours in because either my doomsday clock ran out or I lost all my decent men in quick succession so just couldn't cope with the missions at that point. Really need to go back to it.

HINT: If you get to the last enemy, DO NOT cluster your men within three tiles of each other.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Link Prime on 27 January, 2015, 11:54:03 AM
Quote from: wedgeski on 27 January, 2015, 11:29:47 AM

I've finally bought a PS4 (using a combination of birthday present cash & vouchers) and the first game I considered buying was Alien Isolation.
The 'Nostromo edition' is dirt cheap on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Isolation-Nostromo-Edition-PS4/dp/B00KL4PNWU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1422359487&sr=1-1&keywords=alien+isolation).
It's in the post, ETA Thursday morning...

Oooh. Just about to install this, but may play Evil Within first.
Lock up your spoons!