Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dan Banks on 17 February, 2014, 06:52:12 AM
So, any ideas about what's going to appear in the next jumping on prog? Stickleback? SinDex? A new series of 3rillers?!

Well my guess is (and it is of course just that) we'll get a short Sinister Dexter before the jumping on point - we have 4 progs to go right? When Strontium Dog finishes next week we'll have time for a 3riller as well?

Dodsy

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 February, 2014, 08:32:41 AM
So, any ideas about what's going to appear in the next jumping on prog? Stickleback? SinDex? A new series of 3rillers?!

Well my guess is (and it is of course just that) we'll get a short Sinister Dexter before the jumping on point - we have 4 progs to go right? When Strontium Dog finishes next week we'll have time for a 3riller as well?

Do we know what number the next jumping on prog will be? I'm thinking of giving a digital subscription a go but I'm waiting for the next jumping on point so it's like starting from scratch.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dan Banks

Quote from: Dodsy on 17 February, 2014, 12:58:44 PM

Do we know what number the next jumping on prog will be? I'm thinking of giving a digital subscription a go but I'm waiting for the next jumping on point so it's like starting from scratch.

Yeah, I haven't got the latest prog to hand but Tharg mentions it in his opening waffle. As Colin says it's 3/4 progs away so 72/73 maybe.

@Colin, sensible suggestions there. I've been a big fan of both SinDex and the 3rillers since I started reading so will be happy to see both. And even more so because it means a bit more variety in story length (even more so again if Grey Area continues through). It really does help the prog balance out a bit, rather than having four, eleven-episode stories going on at the same time. I wonder if Tharg took notice of that forum discussion from late last year on this very topic?

Spaceghost

Quote from: Dodsy on 17 February, 2014, 12:58:44 PM

1874 for the jump-on according to Tharg. No idea what's going to be in it, or what'll fill the prog until then.

Hope the new series of Stickleback is coming in 1874.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Dark Jimbo

As always, the answers are all in this very thread if you're prepared to look back a few pages...

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 18 December, 2013, 10:16:00 PM
Prog 1873 sees a brand-new line-up commence - a whistleblower goes on the run in Judge Dredd: Mega-City Confidential by John Wagner and Colin MacNeil; Celtic barbarian Slaine sets out to honour the Earth Goddess in 'A Simple Killing' by Pat Mills and Simon Davis; something murderous is on the path to vengeance in sci-fi thriller Outlier by T.C. Eglington and Karl Richardson; hitmen Sinister Dexter go offroad in the backwoods of Generica in 'Gun Shy' by Dan Abnett and Smudge; and meet Atalia Jaegir of the Nordland State Security Police, trawling the underbelly of Nort society for war criminals and genetic outcasts, in Jaegir by Gordon Rennie and Simon Coleby! (NOTE: Pack contains #1871-1874.)

Wagner's back on Dredd! Woot!
@jamesfeistdraws

8-Ball

Colin MacNeil is back on Dredd! Woot! Woot!
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

dweezil2

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 February, 2014, 02:27:26 PM
As always, the answers are all in this very thread if you're prepared to look back a few pages...

Prog 1873 sees a brand-new line-up commence - a whistleblower goes on the run in Judge Dredd: Mega-City Confidential by John Wagner and Colin MacNeil; Celtic barbarian Slaine sets out to honour the Earth Goddess in 'A Simple Killing' by Pat Mills and Simon Davis; something murderous is on the path to vengeance in sci-fi thriller Outlier by T.C. Eglington and Karl Richardson; hitmen Sinister Dexter go offroad in the backwoods of Generica in 'Gun Shy' by Dan Abnett and Smudge; and meet Atalia Jaegir of the Nordland State Security Police, trawling the underbelly of Nort society for war criminals and genetic outcasts, in Jaegir by Gordon Rennie and Simon Coleby! (NOTE: Pack contains #1871-1874.)

That's a killer lineup!!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Two new thrills, now that can't be a bad thing - well it can of course, they might be rubbish BUT its the type of thing we should encouraging!

With Sinister Dexter and Wagner Dredd we have very exciting back-ups (might make a mockery of my prediction we'll get some S&D in the build up though?) and the all important question.

With Simon Davis on art on Slaine will Pat Mills finally bring the character back to his best (I'm not enjoyed his tales for quite some time now)...

All in all a very intriguing line-up and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Spaceghost

Agree that new thrills are a good thing but only Outlier is 100% original with Jaegir being a Rogue Trooper spin.

Hope it's better that The 86ers which I found to be sorely lacking in Thrill Power.

High hopes for the new Slaine and Wagner/MacNeill on Dredd!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

radiator

Cannot bloody wait for Mega City Confidential, been a real dearth of Wagner Dredd since Day of Chaos ended, just Wastelands, Bender and a Meg one-off in the last 18 months iirc.

Frank

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 February, 2014, 02:27:26 PM

Woot, indeed.

Ancient Otter

Leonard O'Grady mentioned he is colouring a 2000AD series Simon Coleby is illustrating, anyone know what this is?

Hawkmumbler

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 February, 2014, 11:18:56 PM
Jaeger?

How likely is it that the first Prog cover featuring Jaegir will feature an explosion with the tag-line 'Jaegir Bomb'?

jackstarr

QuoteHow likely is it that the first Prog cover featuring Jaegir will feature an explosion with the tag-line 'Jaegir Bomb'?

"Moves like Jaegir"?