Started by Dudley, 29 April, 2004, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

The Suitor
Book I

A Robohunter Tale

Words - Dudley
Illustration - Bolt-01

Sam Slade looked down at his new robot body with a certain amount of satisfaction.  It was made from state-of-the art materials, and he was happy to see that the surgeon had indeed incorporated certain suggestions as to how the basic mechanoid design could be...improved...  After a final admiring downward glance, he dressed and moved to the dining table in the next room.

Samantha, his granddaughter, had taken over running the family business some time ago.  There had been some initial conflict between the two - something silly about a couple of million going missing from the firm's account - but he had to admit he'd grown fond of the kid.  And she'd handled some pretty good cases.  Her tracking and disposal of the psychotic Millar droid had won her a whole lot of headlines, and going on to blow up the "Return to Verdus" headquarters had cemented her rep as the best Robohunter since – since – well, since himself.  Sam had given her the benefits of his wisdom, and she'd grown under his tutelage, until one day she'd said "If you put a fragging sock in it, I'll buy you a body to go with that jar, OK, old-timer?"

And now she was bringing a boy home to meet her old granddad.  That felt nice.  Respectful, in a way.  She'd even made stopped him escaping through the back window.  

Samantha walked in, wearing a tight black cocktail dress that reminded him of the day they'd first been tied together and threatened by a mad film producer.  She had a Slade's good looks alright, plus a figure hot enough to melt a Haagen-Daz at a dozen paces. Beating off robots all day had only toned that fabulous physique.  He felt a lump form at the back of his throat.  This boyfriend, this Julian, he'd better be good enough for her.

LATER

Julian seemed like a nice kid, Sam decided.  A polite and well-dressed young man, such as anyone would be proud to call his grandson.  He listened well, that was for sure, taking in all the details of the old robohunting days with wide eyes.  And he sure seemed to know a lot, seemingly quite familiar with all Slade's old companions and most of his enemies.  Heck, he even knew about Doctor Robotski – something Slade himself had always tried to forget.

"I'll just go wash up," said Samantha, clearing the dishes from the room.  She sure must be in love, Slade reflected, for her not to have even thought of using the Maidotron.

"So, what are your intentions towards my grand-daughter?"

Barely were Sam's words out of his mouth than he noticed a great change come over the face of the young man sitting opposite him.  Julian seemed to be suddenly filled with light, his wide-open eyes fixed onto Slade's.

"Mr Slade – Sam – I hope you can forgive me.  I just – I had to tell you – that – that Samantha..."

"I know, kid, she's one of a kind –"

"No!  I mean, yes, sure she is, in a way, because, you see, the thing is, well, I think there's a lot of you in her.  That's what I've fallen in love with.  What little of you I see in her."

"Now wait a minute –" protested Sam

"Just hear me out, Mr Slade.  I have to say this.  I – I – " the young man paused, swallowed, and continued in a rush.  "I'm in love with you, sir.  I always have been.  Many's a time, when I was a kid, growing up, I used to read about your adventures, and dream of being Hoagy, well not Hoagy, no, to be honest, sir, I used to dream of being, of being..." his voice was rising to a squeak "...of being Carlos Sanchez Robostogie.  Of being held between your –"

"Look kid, I've heard enough!" snapped Sam.  "I don't float that particular boat.  You don't got enough up there, and you've got wayyy too much down there, if you get what I'm saying.  Plus, I'm stuck in this stupid jar on a robot body, plus – hey! – what about my granddaughter?"

"Well, sir, Samantha's very nice.  But you!  I mean, the combination of robots and killing and now, well, it's like you're half robot, and that's – that's – very, um, well, very sexy, especially your...your...  Oh, I knew you'd never let me show my love for you!  You're so fixated on robots, and killing, and robots..." Julian's voice tailed away for a moment, then he gulped and carried on in a new, firmer tone.  

"That's when I came up with my plan.  If I walk out of here, it'll break Samantha's heart, and you know it.  You're too nice to let that happen.  I'd never do anything like that, of course.  Well..." his fingers were suddenly covering Slade's, "Not unless I were...broken-hearted..."

Before Sam could say anything, Julian's fingers withdrew as Samantha re-entered the room.  "I hope you boys are getting along OK?"

"Yeah, babe, just fine.   Listen you wouldn't believe the cra-"

"I'm glad to hear it.  This guy's made me the happiest woman on Earth and if you'd done anything to screw it up you'd have been outside for the glass recycling guys first thing Monday!"

She leaned over and wrapped her arms around Julian, staring deep into his eyes.  It was a touching love scene, thought Slade.  Still looking deep into Samantha's eyes, Julian seemed again to be the normal upstanding young man Slade had first taken him for.  Then he noticed that one of the younger man's hands was no longer wrapped around Samantha's peachy ass.  Instead, it was reaching for the improvements he'd been so proud of only hours earlier...

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Bolt-01/ROBOHUMPER.jpg">

Will Sam be forced to succumb to Julian's machinations?  Will Samantha ever forgive him?  And what are The Suitor's intentions towards Carlos Sanchez Robostogie?  Find out in 7 Earth days!!!

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Dudley

Yeah...but technically it was meant to be an entry to the Design-A-Baddie comp...  Please add any comments there...

James

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.