Main Menu

Meg 463 - Mega-City’s Skull Cracker!

Started by Le Fink, 20 December, 2023, 06:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I have already bought those and cannot wait for the next batch. My understanding is that Johnny Red will feature in all the releases and will be one big story.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

scrotnig

A word for Dan Cornwell here....his art is fantastic and he's one of my favourite artists at the moment. Just a joy to read and tells every story with such clarity.

Funt Solo

Lawless - I have some grit in my eye, dammit!  :'(
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 08 January, 2024, 01:44:54 AMLawless - I have some grit in my eye, dammit!  :'(

You know something's not right when you're responding to yourself, but...

Lawless is just SO FUCKING GOOD. There's an argument about Lord of the Rings (the book trilogy) - about the length of the text, and some of the side-tracks and such. The argument that it's perhaps over-long. But there's something about the length of the journey that adds weight to the climactic moments. It's not just that someone wrote "there was a very long, difficult journey" - it's that the reader has to go on that journey as well, and (in doing so) becomes emotionally entwined with it.

So, when THAT THING happened in Lawless - the thing that got grit in my eye - it took me by surprise, and it had to do with the length of the journey and the depth of the characterization.

Lawless is just SO FUCKING GOOD - it's made me have a conversation with myself about it.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

I was also a bit HMMM about some of the things that happened early on, but OF BLOODY COURSE Abnett had it sorted. And the reactions people had to this strip are testament to his ability to create characters rather than cyphers. Superb stuff.