Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

123 and 124 delivered today the returners is a large volume

Tomwe

Got them too. A great pair! I didn't read the first part of Returners as I came on with 400, will be good to know how it began.

Dark Jimbo

Ro- Busters 1 is here!

Contents is all the Starlord strips (with colour spreads intact); Earthquake Control, from the 1978 Starlord Annual; and Death on the Orient Express.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 June, 2022, 03:24:48 PM
Ro- Busters 1 is here!

Contents is all the Starlord strips (with colour spreads intact); Earthquake Control, from the 1978 Starlord Annual; and Death on the Orient Express.

Is that basically identical to The Complete Nuts and Bolts vol 1 minus the 2 memoirs stories that we've already had in ABC Warriors vol 4 (I'd check but my copy is buried somewhere in a mountain of boxes while I'm doing some redecorating)?

I guess book 2 will be Terra-Meks, Fall and Rise, the remaining annual stories and Ro-jaws RoboTales. Hopefully they won't repeat the bits we've already had. Might end up selling my Nuts and Bolts books as I don't think I need 2 copies of all of this.

sintec

The Returners reads so much better in collected form that it did serialised in the Meg. I missed the first part which didn't help and I have no recollection of having read the last part (although I've read those issues of the Meg so must have done so as I don't tend to skip stuff). Reading it in a couple of sittings the character work from Si really shines through as our reluctant band of misfits try to discover what's going on while surviving the various different environments they find themselves in. The art is fantastic throughout with loads of big splash pages and wide panels. Really glad this got included here and definitely worth a cherry-pick for those on the fence about it.

Also good news in the backup material in the 2nd Brass Sun volume.
QuoteEdington and Culbard are still planning to reunite for a sixth series at some point in the near future. "That's the plan!" says Edginton. "We've both been off doing other things, so getting our schedules to line up has been tricky. But I'm getting all the scripts written so that as soon as Ian is free, he can jump on them."

"I hope it will happen at some point soon" adds Culbard, who is confident that he can simultaneously juggle working on both Brass Sun and Brink. "Book five of Brass Sun was drawn at the same time as Brink book two, so it's entirely possible!"

Jade Falcon

I've got the big 'phone book' edition of To Busters, with the black and yellow cover and the characters on front. Is this the same as the book that was printed later with Charlie on the front.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 21 June, 2022, 02:50:43 PM
I've got the big 'phone book' edition of To Busters, with the black and yellow cover and the characters on front. Is this the same as the book that was printed later with Charlie on the front.

The book with the Charlie cover was Book 2 of 2. Between them they reprinted the whole of Ro-Busters - so, essentially the same as the phonebook - but with all the colour pages in colour rather than in murky black-and-white.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

i could never part with my phonebook i got it signed by dave gibbons

Jade Falcon

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 June, 2022, 04:41:16 PM
i could never part with my phonebook i got it signed by dave gibbons

I know that feeling, I have all the Starblazer digest comics that ran from 1979 to 1993, and I have the issues done by Grant Morrison signed by him. 
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

next 3 books are on hatchetts website

Sinister dexter vol 5 138

samantha slade robohunter 135

robusters vol 2 131

Dark Jimbo

Updated list - though this doesn't really change too much.

111 - Strontium Dog: Repo Men
112 - ABC Warriors 7
113 - ABC Warriors 8
114 - Strontium Dogs 1
115 - Strontium Dogs 2
116 - Strontium Dogs 3
117 -
118 - Mean Arena 1
119 - Mean Arena 2
120 -
121 - Cradlegrave
122 - Brass Sun 1
123 - Brass Sun 2
124 - The Returners
125 -
126 - Finn 1
127 - Finn 2
128 -
129 -
130 - Ro-Busters 1
131 - Ro-Busters 2
132 - Rogue Trooper: War Machine
133 -
134 - Revere
135 - Samantha Slade
136 - The Fall of Deadworld
137 - Sin/Dex 4
138 - Sin/Dex 5
139 - Sin/Dex 6
140 - Sin/Dex 7

Only 6 gaps left, and we know that the following 4/5 are coming:

Devlin Waugh
Blunt
Necronauts
Blackhawk
Leviathan (probably twinned with Necronauts)
[/quote]
@jamesfeistdraws

Max Headroom

I guess that 'Stickleback' volume 2 is not going to make it. A real shame.

Hackenbush

Huh.
A real pity we are not getting the Hogan / Hughes Robo-Hunter strips.

They have never been reprinted in colour.

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 24 June, 2022, 09:27:30 PM
Only 6 gaps left, and we know that the following 4/5 are coming:

Devlin Waugh
Blunt
Necronauts
Blackhawk
Leviathan (probably twinned with Necronauts)

They've confirmed there will be more Dredd so I think it's a safe bet there'll be a Dredd volume too. Still got my fingers crossed the one unknown will be a 2nd Stickleback vol.

IndigoPrime

Hogan/Hughes would have been quite good in the Samantha Slade book, upping the quality level a bit.