Main Menu

‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Started by JOE SOAP, 20 July, 2013, 06:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

Battastic! A heavy set foreboding Batman after Miller. Brilliant first look and canny promo work by WB's and Snyder seeing that AOS finale air today. That will take a lot of the internet attention away from that.

Stan

I think it looks great. Pretty much how I'd hope a live action Batman would look.

Same with the Batmobile, sort of. Kind've a mix between the Tumbler and longer style used in earlier films.

JayzusB.Christ

Looks pretty good to me, but...

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 May, 2014, 05:42:42 PM
Is it just me, or does that shot make Batman look a little, well, fat?

... yeah, definitely a bit of a Ned Kelly going on there.  Not that I can talk.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spaceghost

Jock posted this colourised version on Twitter. Looks like we might be getting a more comics accurate Bat-suit.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

TordelBack

Oooh, looks like comics aren't just for kids anymore.    ::)

Feck's sake, it's been nearly 30 years since Dark Knight Returns, is there any chance that people could stop sucking Miller's batarang?

Say what you like about Dave Sim, he was ahead of the curve:

dracula1

Jim_Campbell

"What's that you say? An over-designed piece of shit? In a Zac Snyder movie?! I'm shocked. Shocked and appalled, I tell you."

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

To be fair to Zack Snyder, it's not like he invented overcomplicated tech design in movies - it's more or less a pox on most productions at this stage, thanks to CGI modelling.  The trade-off, of course, is that the more complicated the shapes and designs in play, the less memorable - and iconic - they become.  Does anyone even remember what shape the aliens or their ships were in Skyline or Battle: Los Angeles?  By contrast I could still make a good fist at drawing the Martian Death Machines from hoary old 1950s b-movie War of the Worlds, and I haven't seen that in years.

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Goaty

Professor Bear

When that subtitle was trending on Twitter, I thought it was the name of a tv show about a single woman working for the justice department.  I hold out hope it still might be.

JOE SOAP

I thought the brain-dead Batman v Superman title was temporary but now it's got a bolted on subtitle advertising it as a Justice League prequel.

It does show how much faith Warner has in the Man of Steel as a selling point that in his own sequel he gets second billing to Batman.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 21 May, 2014, 08:30:24 PM
When that subtitle was trending on Twitter, I thought it was the name of a tv show about a single woman working for the justice department.

I tell you, it's a typo: Dawn O'Justice...

"She'll settle the score!"

"This time, it's litigating in the Third Circuit!"

"In a world without hope, it's always darkest before..."

(Someone should pay me for these.)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

Not one to condemn a film based on a title alone, but that is a bit naff, isn't it? A bit overthought, like something a committee would come up with.

I remember a while ago someone listed a few possible titles that Warner had apparently trademarked - they were all variations of something laughably overwrought and cheesy like 'Dark Knight of Justice'.

The one they chose is almost as bad.