Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 19 January, 2023, 09:12:45 PM
There was an episode from the late seventies in which a uniform budget was approved for Class 2B because they were looking so scruffy. The next day the kids came goose-stepping into school wearing impeccable Wehrmacht uniforms.
It was all bonkers and I loved it.
Thank you, Mr Sutherland, and rest in peace.

I really, really wish I could have read that. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

I couldn't date it exactly, but it was reprinted in the 1980 annual.
Forty-odd years and I remember it clear as day. (Smiffy, the thick one, was the odd man out in Imperial Japanese kit.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

Nice!  Danny's skull-adorned black garb was pointing in that direction anyway.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

God bless the internet!
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

You're a fecking legend, JWare.

rogue69

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Richmond Clements

sheridan

Lisa Loring, 64, actor, the original TV Wednesday Addams.

rogue69

IAMTHESYSTEM

Cindy Williams of Laverne And Shirley fame has died. After appearing in George Lucas's American Graffiti, she auditioned for Princess Leia in Star Wars.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/cindy-williams-dead-laverne-and-shirley-1235313231/
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Trooper McFad

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 31 January, 2023, 10:40:46 AM
Cindy Williams of Laverne And Shirley fame has died. After appearing in George Lucas's American Graffiti, she auditioned for Princess Leia in Star Wars.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/cindy-williams-dead-laverne-and-shirley-1235313231/

I was introduced to Laverne And Shirley during the 80s TVAM strike so I would end up skipping to school (when no one was watching 😳) 😂😂😂😂
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

rogue69

Charlie Thomas singer with The Drifters aged 85

JohnW

Quote from: sheridan on 03 February, 2023, 03:44:59 PMPaco Rabanne, 88, fashion designer.
No disrespect to the memory of Paco Rabanne, but I would be genuinely surprised if he touched the lives of anyone on this forum. I like to think that I am more stylish than the average middle-aged comics fan, but matching socks would often be the limit of my sartorial sophistication.