Main Menu

Cult Classics on ITVX

Started by rogue69, 20 July, 2023, 10:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Was just scrolling through the Dramas on ITVX and came across classic shows like Monkey, Sapphire & Steel, Fireball XL5, UFO & Timeslip as well as more modern shows like being Human, Arrow, Gotham & From Dusk Til Dawn. There are also a few anime series too

Barrington Boots

Monkey hits that sweet spot between borderline unwatchable and utterly amazing. Love it. The Water Margin too.

I found Terrahawks on iplayer the other week. It's painfully slow (and Ninestien sucks) but looks just as cool as it did in the 80s, plus Windsor Davies.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 July, 2023, 02:31:42 PMMonkey hits that sweet spot between borderline unwatchable and utterly amazing. Love it. The Water Margin too.

My teenage self lived for those series. 6pm on BBC2.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 July, 2023, 02:31:42 PMMonkey hits that sweet spot between borderline unwatchable and utterly amazing. Love it. The Water Margin too.

I watched the Monkey reboot on Netflix- it was watchable and some of the episodes were decent
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Hawkmumbler

Being the massive nerd I am I have actually seen SAIYUKI, the original series adapted into Monkey for unassuming gaijin.

It's a by the numbers, often times amusing little retelling of Journey to the West, but by no means an exemplary representative of Tokusatsu from the era. I do wonder what the dub could possibly bring to the narrative, maybe a side of casual racism and tongue in cheek ribbing.