Main Menu

Comic Heroes Issue 18

Started by Dunk!, 24 April, 2013, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

A teeny free Halo Jones badge!

Yeah, you read that right: A teeny free Halo Jones badge!

And a Rogue Trooper one too.

I know, right?

Oh and an interview with Mr Wagner about a certain Judge.

But mostly a teeny free Halo Jones badge!

*breath*
"Trust we"

Dandontdare

Proudhuff

Halo Jones ?? Maybe someone should put up a piccie of her?
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

It's only a torso shot but Rogue is showing his bare flesh!

Dodsy

It might just be me being a tight bastard but does anyone else think this magazine is very overpriced?
Isn't it around the £7-8 mark?
Twitter - @dodsy84

Daveycandlish

It is. To be honest I'd rather do without the freebies and Sidekick comic and big cardboard surround and pay 2 or 3 quid less.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

djangoesque

Agreed!, get rid of the freebies, get rid of the cardboard surround, put Sidekick in the magazine and drop the price!.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's always been overpriced and I agree, get rid of all the extra stuff, especially as I would imagine that it's bought by the older generation, who don't really care for such stuff! The magazine seems thinner than the normal SFX issues as well, so bump the page count up and I'd pay £6 just for the mag.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 25 April, 2013, 05:26:24 PMIt is. To be honest I'd rather do without the freebies and Sidekick comic and big cardboard surround and pay 2 or 3 quid less.
Only that's not remotely how it works. Covermounts are there to provide the perception of value, not because they're usually actually worth a great deal. Remove them from this publication and its price certainly wouldn't drop by anywhere near the amount you'd hope. Most of the money goes into production and the cut taken by the seller (which is also why many digital mags aren't much cheaper than the print versions).

With something like Comic Heroes, it's extremely niche and, frankly, a wonder it exists at all.

Tjm86

it's also a bit of a disappointment to be honest.  Nowhere near the quality of the old comics international and the meg tends to do the artist / writer interview pieces far better.  Been trying to keep going with the subscription in the hope that it will improve but ....

Hawkmumbler

I take offence at Rogues bare chest! OUR Rogue would never do that, truely sexist!