Main Menu

Kill Bill

Started by Mangamax, 18 October, 2003, 07:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Funniest film i've seen in a long while.
You know that Monty Pyton sketch of an English period drama as if Sam Peckinpah had directed it?
That excess of splatter is exactly what we have here. I know its a nod to 70's Asian cinema but the red stuff has been really ramped up.
Ends up being just plain silly and not at all beliveable.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

paulvonscott

From the railer, it looked like it was supposed to be more than a bit daft.

Bart Oliver

The dialogue used for a radio review of the film this week sounds camper than a row of pink tents.

looking forward to seeing David Carradine again.

B.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bart Oliver

++ In a radio exclusive Jim White talks to the man so well known for much of the time he doesn't even need a name... Clint Eastwood. ++

BBC Radio 4, Back Row, Saturday 18th October, 530pm.

Essential listening.

B.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/backrow/" target="_blank">The Beeb Back Row page here..

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Mangamax

First third is fine and pure Tarentino - its just when everything moves to Japan things go a bit wobbly.
Thinking that by making the blood so OTT it makes it more "acceptable". If it weren't so extreme then it would have have more unsettling.
Excellent way to finish by the way.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Last of the V8's

You havn't seen the Baby cart movies then.Uk version is the old video nasty Shogan Assasin. Arterial sraying aplenty.

Richmond Clements

My mate is well into the Babycart movies, and for that reason, he's looking forward to Kill Bill. I'll find out tonight.

Tex Hex

Saw kill bill yesterday. It rocked pretty hard. I thought it flew past and was quite surprised feeling it wind down at the end. Another two "chapters" would not have gone amiss. Its pretty shallow in terms of character and plot but its all so good you just dont care! It leaves a hell of a lot for the second installment.

Im on the verge of signing up for aikido classes...

By "babycart" do youse mean the "lone wolf and cub" movies? I loved those books but have only heard of the movies...

Redlantern 2051

Just come back from Kill Bill-I LOVED IT!!!!! Far less snappy dialogue than usual for a Tarantino flick, but AWESOME visuals, including a bit of anime, awesome violence, I fucking loved it!!!!! Uma looking good as well!!! 9/10 from me!!! I can't wait to get it on DVD and Vol 2!!!!!!!!!!

Richmond Clements

Yup, great movie.
Totally mental, and in no way believable, but, let's be honest, that does not matter a jot. All you've got to do is strap yourself in and go along for the ride and you'll enjoy yourself no end.
And I can't wait for the next volume!

Steamboy

correct... this is not real life this is a movie, and a Tarantino movie at that. Heven't seen yet but couldnt resist popping onto the thread think its out in our cinema this week but from the previews i've seen I cant wait...
CU Krestel The Bloody Handed

JamieB

JamieB

The BABYCART series is indeed the same thing as LONE WOLF AND CUB, although the films don't complete the story (as the complete LW&C runs to around 3000+ pages, this is hardly surprising).

There are six BABYCART movies; SHOGUN ASSASSIN was a compilation of action sequences from the first three, spliced together for the Western market. The films are all perfectly enjoyable in and of themselves, but lack anything like the depth and resonance of the original manga, and there's not really any great need to own or indeed bother watching more than one of them.

Next week: How to navigate through the eight-million-or-so Wong Fei Hong movies...

J-Bo-1

Quirkafleeg

Clips from a couple of the Babycart movies have turned up on OUT THERE on five

Quirkafleeg

Saw it yesterday. It rocked. Slightly fuller review to follow.