Main Menu

Recent posts

Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by christy2002b - Today at 06:51:40 PM
Quote from: Shakira? Shakara! on Today at 01:01:16 PMJust realised, to my horror, I've never received the Harry On The High Rock volume, despite pre-ordering it. I'm used to receiving things late, as I tend to order them through Ace Comics in Colchester so things arrive later through Diamond Distribution rather than newsstand distribution. But Born Bad was in my last parcel which was the volume (or two) after. My online account shows as not allocated, and as it's no longer on the Hachette website, I'm hoping Diamond haven't effed up or been short changed and had to allocate copies to comic stores. Otherwise that one is going to be an expensive Ebay purchase once I know definitively if it's arriving or not.

And thanks for the info regarding the extension / non-extension. As others noted, it may just be someone in the company who's out of the loop and knows nothing about it, and we're still several months away from the 180 finishing up. Hopefully it will still happen, but I'm happy with the 180 (or the parts I've cherry picked) if not.
DC

I also missed Harry 20 and Summer Magic but Harry 20 turned up this week.
Last post by JohnW - Today at 06:44:34 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on Today at 06:26:46 PMBizarre how such an issue can occur really.
Embittered warehouse workers taking out their frustrations on fat complacent customers who can afford to indulge their childish fancies, while they themselves toil for minimum wage as they watch their own dreams shrivel and die.

The torn pages were a warning.
These people hate you and they have your address.
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 06:26:46 PM
I've put in for a replacement, thanks. Bizarre how such an issue can occur really.
Last post by don wiskerando - Today at 05:38:47 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on Today at 08:35:24 AMContents of Anderson NWO:

The intro says it contains 'the final multi-part Anderson strips' by Alan Grant, Dragon Blood and NWO. There's also Jordan Ramzy's Kitchen Nightmare.

Other stories - Undertow, Martyrs, Spa Day and The Dead Run.

My copy is missing the usual endsheets but only at the front of the book, and it's made a right mess of the opening page:

:(

Anyone else seeing this?
Nope.  Just got mine delivered and it's intact. Get a replacement.
General / Re: Wrap It Up
Last post by Richard - Today at 03:42:49 PM
Prog 2382 has a wrap-around cover!
Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by Hoagy - Today at 02:45:49 PM
Thank you Fink. And Shark. I hope I'm not over doing it just that I'd done that crossfire Dredd a while back and as I was readying this most recent pic I thought the bought may dig it.
Last post by Shakira? Shakara! - Today at 01:01:16 PM
Just realised, to my horror, I've never received the Harry On The High Rock volume, despite pre-ordering it. I'm used to receiving things late, as I tend to order them through Ace Comics in Colchester so things arrive later through Diamond Distribution rather than newsstand distribution. But Born Bad was in my last parcel which was the volume (or two) after. My online account shows as not allocated, and as it's no longer on the Hachette website, I'm hoping Diamond haven't effed up or been short changed and had to allocate copies to comic stores. Otherwise that one is going to be an expensive Ebay purchase once I know definitively if it's arriving or not.

And thanks for the info regarding the extension / non-extension. As others noted, it may just be someone in the company who's out of the loop and knows nothing about it, and we're still several months away from the 180 finishing up. Hopefully it will still happen, but I'm happy with the 180 (or the parts I've cherry picked) if not.
Off Topic / Re: Life is riddled with a pro...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 12:03:37 PM
Oy. Sounds horrible John.

We're well to the south of England and surrounded by hills... but no street lights here, so it could be made out from the village at midnight:

Prog / Prog 2382: Beware Iron Teeth
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 11:24:53 AM

New beginnings and one ending this issue. First up, Judge Dredd unsurprisingly puts us back in the city, with no explanation of how he escaped the pit of Shako. Niemand does a good job setting up a tale of horror, with some exposition on page two delivered in a way that felt natural. Nasty last page. Looking forward to what's next.

Aguila concludes with a thoughtful few pages of mercy and a final frame of freakiness, before the confirmation that the next story will be the last. And then we get Intestinauts, which gives the Prog a touch of levity (and vibrancy) but puts its miniature heroes in a sticky situation at the end. Honestly, I think I enjoyed this episode more than most of Indigo Prime already, so I'm happy for the swap.

Brink is essentially five more pages of talking heads that can nonetheless do no wrong, in my eyes. It's got to be up there with the best strips in 2000 AD's history. And then Proteus Vex  ends the Prog on another cracker, providing us with more insight into the flesh pilots that, to some extent, just takes us further down the rabbit hole.

2000 AD has been strong for a long while. But this line-up was excellent – one of those times where I blazed through the Prog because everything was so good. Kudos to every writer and artist this issue, and of course also to Tharg and his minions.
Off Topic / Re: Life is riddled with a pro...
Last post by JohnW - Today at 11:05:20 AM
I had my first wallop with the big COVID stick in January. Boring symptoms included that dry persistent cough (which persisted for a week or more, kept me from sleeping, and pissed me off no end).
A more colourful symptom involved hawking up blood, but that was in the early stages when I was too fucked up to care.
Hives I could certainly have done without.
Sympathies to both Finks.

Forgot to look out for the northern lights last night but I mightn't have seen anything anyway. There's a big hill directly to my north and the light pollution is constant.