Main Menu

Shadow Complex

Started by Pete Wells, 20 August, 2009, 08:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Really rather good this! I started playing it at about twenty past ten last night, the next time I looked at the clock and it was 2am!

I love how the game begins, all innocently with a little potholing expedition and how seamlessly it builds into the main character becoming some kind of one man army in a very cool suit!

Spoilers ahoy! Some of the set pieces are really cool too, there was on bit where I was fighting a giant walker thing and I had to defeat it by tricking it into blasting water pipes to fill the room we were in, causing it to short circuit - ace! Also, I've just flooded another part of the base and it's very eerie swimming through it, seeing the bodies of those I've drowned floating past me. Even the training bits are cool.

Things the game are reminding me of are: Another World for the feel of the game, Half Life and Minority Report for the look of the game and Mandroid for the lovely suit. Not a bad combination in my book.

If I have one reservation it's that the game might be a bit repetitive, but when it's this much fun, that can't be too bad a thing, eh? Definitely worth the asking price!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Oooh. Downloaded it overnight. Will play it tonight.
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

Had a quick blast on this last night - great fun.

'Metroid-vania' is a good description. Epic can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Satanist

Played the demo last night and it seems quite nifty so I'll prob get the full thing tonight. Xbox Arcade really is kicking arse at the mo.

Go on and add me. Not online much but I can Achievment whore against you all - Gamertag=SpartacusHughes
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Pete Wells

Aw bugger, I've just completed this without even getting all my bits of suit.

Gonna have to do it all over again...

Satanist

Thats quick. How long did it roughly take to complete?

Pete Wells

About five or six hours but I was fairly blasting through it. I always do that, then, if a game's good enough, go back through it nice and slowly. I will be with this one, I want my full suit dammit!

Roger Godpleton

Started replaying Symphony of the Night on XBLA recently and to my surprise Shadow Complex stands up pretty well. Earthworm Jim is coming to XBLA soon I hear.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

Aye Sega had a vote for what megadrive games peeps wanted next. I voted for EW Jim and it was winning by quite a margin.

Roger Godpleton

Actually that whole poll has been reset as Gameloft has the licence to EWJ. Toejam and Earl is currently in the lead.

http://www.genesispoll.com/
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Something Fishy

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 August, 2009, 06:01:28 PM
Started replaying Symphony of the Night on XBLA recently and to my surprise Shadow Complex stands up pretty well. Earthworm Jim is coming to XBLA soon I hear.

I have had that for a couple of years without getting anywhere.

Played it one night but it seemed so hard I gave up. Lightweight I know.

Shadow Complex is brilliant, absolutely love what I've played.

Keef Monkey

Tried the trial and it was great, I don't go for a lot of XBLA games but this one seems far more absorbing than most. Might give it a try once I get some points.

Satanist

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 August, 2009, 06:19:00 PM
Actually that whole poll has been reset as Gameloft has the licence to EWJ. Toejam and Earl is currently in the lead.

http://www.genesispoll.com/
Ach well Ive never played Toejam but heard good things. Shadow Complex is great. Really enjoyable and hard to stop playing, Just one more upgrade.