Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Jeez, that's terrible, Emperor.
Not much I can add, really. Holler if you need us, I guess.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Legendary Shark

Only just seen this, Emps. Be online for a while if you need a yap.

Strength, brother. xx
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing

Yes, only just seen this. Terrible, Emperor, and my sympathies. Hope you're all bearing up.

SBT

flip-r mk2

My thoughts are with you and your family Emperor.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Emperor

Ah well, she slipped away a few hours ago. Thanks for the kind words.

My main feeling at the moment is: God bless the NHS, Macmillan Nurse and the Woodland Trust. Its been a month or so since the diagnosis and there hasn't been a day go passed that she hasn't had intensive and time-consuming help that really helped make her last weeks easier and taken a lot of strain off the family. You really can't fault it.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

maryanddavid

Sorry for your troubles Emp. Good to hear that she was well looked after.

David

Zarjazzer

Sorry to hear the terrible news Emperor. All my sympathies to you and your family.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

The Legendary Shark

I'm sorry for your loss, Emps. My thoughts are with you and yours.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Doctor Alt 8

On the day I leave to spend a fortnight with Henry, A fellow member of my Medieval society finally lost his battle with alcholoisim and died in hospital today. Although not unexspected, as I am effectivly trapped at Clacton On Sea I will miss any services planned. If any, I don't belive he had any immediate family.

Albion

Mrs Albion's brother is still in hospital after five weeks
Her Mum is now in hospital too to look at some problems she has been having
Some crap is going on with her son.
My best friend has been signed off work for six weeks as all the operations he had last year don't seem to have acheived anything.
My sister-in-law, who has had cancer for over five years, has just been told she has another brain tumour.

Major spuggery indeed.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Legendary Shark

That's a whole pile of bad, Albi - hope it all works out well.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

vzzbux

Sorry to hear your plights both Emperor and Albion.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

Blimey, rough times for a lot of people. Sympathies to you all and hope nobody minds me turning this thread back to a less real form of spuggery.

Last Friday I flew to London from the south of France in order to attend a music festival featuring an incredible line-up of electronic artists (and Snoop Dogg) over the course of the weekend. We'd been inside the gates for around three hours when the plugs were pulled, the entire site closed down and the second day cancelled completely. In that time we weren't able to get in to see a single act as every tent had massive queues at there single entrance points and apparently no communication with the exits.

Before we got in to find this out, we'd already spent two horrific hours in the cattleyard between the main entrance and the security point being gradually pushed forward by the inexorable flow of people coming in from behind. They'd laid out a complicated network of fences to control the queue but with absolutely no security to monitor this people were jumping over them and pushing them to one side. Whenever this happened ahead of us the ongoing push from behind would force the whole mass of people forward without any conscious choice. I am not a nervous or anxious person and neither crowds nor enclosed spaces bother me but I could feel myself on the verge of panic at points. The word Hillsborough was unwisely bandied around and I genuinely feared for the safety, even life, of myself and everyone else there.

Eventually, they saw sense and did pretty much the only thing they could: open the inner gates and let everyone onto the main site without checking tickets or conducting absurd drug searches. It took us a while to calm down after that and it should probably have been clear that nothing good was going to come of it. Bah.
We never really die.

Albion

Looks like my sister-in-law has a month to go.

This has hit me harder than I thought it would and my biggest concern is my poor seventeen year old niece. I lost both my parents when I was twenty-four, that was bad enough, but seventeen.......
She's a great girl and has lived with her mothers illness for about six years but it doesn't really make it any easier.

I wish my family would stop dying in their fifties, I hope to beat them all at that.

:'(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.