Main Menu

Art and Writing Submissions

Started by Lawman of the Present, 12 November, 2022, 04:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawman of the Present

Hi everyone! I've been keen to send a writing submission to Tharg for some time, and notice the site still states subs are closed due to the pandemic. I've seen/heard no update in absolutely ages on when open submissions might reopen, and wondered if anybody might have any idea?

nxylas

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 12 November, 2022, 04:38:48 PM
Hi everyone! I've been keen to send a writing submission to Tharg for some time, and notice the site still states subs are closed due to the pandemic. I've seen/heard no update in absolutely ages on when open submissions might reopen, and wondered if anybody might have any idea?
I sent a submission just before the last window closed, which I think was March 2020, and I still have yet to receive a reply. So I wouldn't hold your breath.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Eamonn Clarke

At the Future Shock writing competition at Thought Bubble last week Molch-R said that submissions were currently closed until they figure out a digital review system to replace people sending stuff to a physical office that nobody goes into anymore.

nxylas

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 18 November, 2022, 08:49:35 PM
At the Future Shock writing competition at Thought Bubble last week Molch-R said that submissions were currently closed until they figure out a digital review system to replace people sending stuff to a physical office that nobody goes into anymore.
So I take it that means those of us already in the slush pile have absolutely no hope. Well, it's a form of closure, I suppose.

nxylas

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 November, 2022, 06:01:48 PM
But you may also get a chance to resubmit digitally next year?
Let's hope. Digital submissions are probably a better option anyway, given how unreliable the Royal Mail has become since they privatised it. There's always the nagging worry that the SAE containing my rejection letter got lost in the post. Worse, what if it was accepted and that got lost in the post? In hindsight, I should have put some sort of tracking on it.