Main Menu

What Are Your Dreams

Started by Cyberleader2000, 17 February, 2010, 12:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

I rarely remember dreams. According to Mrs Mikey, it's because I've a 'wonky brain'.

M.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Rio De Fideldo

I had a recurring nightmare as a child where a green troll would jump onto my chest and puke on my face.

There's an advert out at the minute with a little greeen monster for cough medicine I think that is identical to it.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteI had a recurring nightmare as a child where a green troll would jump onto my chest and puke on my face.

There's an advert out at the minute with a little greeen monster for cough medicine I think that is identical to it.

Apparently an eerily common archetype in dreams, the troll on the chest. Associated with sleep paralysis and rendered here as an Incubus by Faeden.
Saw a documentary about it once - loads of people described exactly the same dream of a troll or goblin sitting on their chest. 

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goatilocks

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 February, 2010, 01:32:18 PM
QuoteI had a recurring nightmare as a child where a green troll would jump onto my chest and puke on my face.

Apparently an eerily common archetype in dreams, the troll on the chest. Associated with sleep paralysis and rendered here as an Incubus by Faeden.
Saw a documentary about it once - loads of people described exactly the same dream of a troll or goblin sitting on their chest. 

Old-Hag syndrome, almost identical to the troll-dreams. These dreams also seem very much like 'victims' of UFO abductions describe the ordeal. Trolls are the original Little Green Men.

TordelBack

Heh, one of you photoshop mavens could have some fun sticking Campbell's fizziog on the laydee and that old one of Sc*j* on the... well, you know.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 17 February, 2010, 09:16:28 PM
I didn't take physics. The one I have nightmares about is French and then it sort of spreads to the extremities.

Of the two physics teachers at my school, one looked like Robert Maxwell and could only speak when someone pulled on the ring attached to the length of string that disappeared into his back, and even then what he said was barely intelligible; the other had an auburn combover and almost cried the day someone put a naked flame to his 20-year-old periodic table.

I wish i had teachers like yours at school.All i would have had to do was make sure that no one pulled the string and then if they did the teacher just uttered unintelligable gibberish but having said that i probably would have cut the string !!

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Had a dream quite recently which freaked me out quite a bit.
I'm standing in the back garden of my parents house and both my parents are moving around aimlessly. Suddenly my Grandfather, who has been dead for over four years, appears and move towards me. It is at this point that I realise something is odd and my dream changes from a third person perspective to a first person where I'm in full control of my body inside the dream. I talk to my parents and Grandfather and after that decide to explore this world. As I move from the back garden to the front, I somehow appear back where i started. So for the next few minutes or even hours I am stuck here, trying to wake myself up but, unable to till I finally woke up. 

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteOld-Hag syndrome

Yeah, that's what it was about.  Now you mention it, I had a dream once where an old hag was sitting on my back, jamming her fingers into my vertebrae.  Not a happy dream at all.

I saw another documentary where lots of people reported dreams of being Nick Nolte and living in a hedge.  No, wait, hang on, that didn't happen.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Taryn Tailz

From about the age of 4 to the age of 12 I had a recurring nightmare of being chased by a hand that would try and attack me. No body attached to it just a flying hand.

Then I had a dream where somehow I gave the hand its body back. And I never had the dream again. Pretty weird huh.  :crazy:

Roger Godpleton

To have consensual sex with a woman.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

I only get vertigo in dreams.

JayzusB.Christ

Pity, that.  The imaginary versions of Hellblazer and Preacher aren't half as good as the real ones.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I make zee joke!

House of Usher

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 February, 2010, 01:32:18 PM

Quote from: Goatilocks on 18 February, 2010, 04:06:56 PM
Tea-bagging trolls ..?

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 18 February, 2010, 04:52:19 PM
Old-Hag syndrome, almost identical to the troll-dreams. These dreams also seem very much like 'victims' of UFO abductions describe the ordeal. Trolls are the original Little Green Men.

'Night terrors' are even funnier - where the dreamer screams and acts out but has no recollection of any of it in the morning. Apologies to parents who may have been through this with their kids, but when you see it on TV it's funny as f**k!
STRIKE !!!

Kerrin

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 February, 2010, 11:42:49 PM
I make zee joke!

And I got it, after an embarrassingly long time...thank Grud tomorrow's Friday.