Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Liz Fraser of Carry On fame. Rather a miserable week I'm afraid to say. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45449088

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Daveycandlish

Really has been a shit week.
Small press creator Terry Wiley died today.
I'm sure some of you may know him.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

rogue69

Actor Peter Benson aged 75 best known for Heartbeat & Blackadder

Taryn Tailz

She had a voice like marbled chocolate and the natural charisma to steal a scene without even having to utter a word. More than that, she seemed to belong to that very rare band of people who never really grow old, even as she entered into her nineties. I doubt we'll ever see another Fenella Fielding. R.I.P.

sheridan

A bad week for Carry On fans.

Fenella had been due to give a reading from her autobiography at Zedel (underground restaurant and bar near Piccadilly) tonight.

rogue69

Denis Norden, TV presenter and comedy writer, passed away aged 96

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: rogue69 on 19 September, 2018, 08:19:33 AM
Denis Norden, TV presenter and comedy writer, passed away aged 96

(Irrevocably transformed in my memory into Denis Nodens, host of It'll Be Alright On The Nightgaunt, from the the genuinely funny CoC parody scenario The Shadow Of Frog's Yoghurt.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Zienia Merton, who played Sandra Benes in Space:1999, died on the 14th of September aged 72.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

auxlen

Zienia Merton
Liz Frazer
Fenella Fielding
Jac Peirce

IN a week!

All faves of mine growing up!

JamesC

Sorry to hear about Chas, I've seen Chas and Dave play numerous times and they always came across as very warm, likeable men.
I believe Chas still owed my sister 20p which he borrowed for a game of pool.

rogue69

"American Graffiti" and "The Dark Crystal" producer Gary Kurtz has died of cancer aged 78
he was also the producer of 2 little known films "Star Wars" & "The Empire Strikes Back."

JOE SOAP

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 September, 2018, 06:34:52 PM
Al Matthews

GRANGE HILL SERIES 2 - MR BAXTER IS REPRIMANDED BY BENNY GREEN'S FATHER

'Al Matthews had been a member of the US Marine Corps and moved to London after serving in the Vietnam War - he boasted of holding 13 combat awards and decorations including two Purple Hearts. Al was a chart-topping soul singer back in the 1970s and was also a member of the prog rock band Hawkwind'

I've wasted my life.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Frank on 24 September, 2018, 07:23:30 PM...and was also a member of the prog rock band Hawkwind'

I used to have this theory that anyone who smokes weed for any length of time, or hangs around with those who do, has a statistical near-certainty of meeting someone who used to play in Hawkwind. Almost everyone I told it to said "yeah, I once met a guy at a gig/party/festival...." (my tally is two)