Main Menu

Judge Dredd Movie is Green Lit!

Started by w3bz, 19 December, 2008, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

Thats great to hear.

I was getting worried that it would be one of those things that was planned and then got forgotten about.

Mikey

Quote from: John Caliber on 15 February, 2010, 04:59:59 PM
Absolutely, their time was over when Bolland stopped drawing them...Quantity over quality.

I refer the learned gentleman to My name is Death and suggest that his mouth is full of wrong. I see your Bolland and raise you an Irving.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 17 February, 2010, 07:28:00 PM
  It's a way off yet, but it looks like it'll happen.

It looks that way but unfortunately with films nothing is guaranteed.

Lots more hurdles to go over yet.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Disate

I heard thomas jane was in the running to play judge dredd .

radiator

QuoteI heard thomas jane was in the running to play judge dredd.

Wasn't that just a rumour that came about because he was photographed with the 2000ad guys at San Diego last year?

Still, not a bad choice.

John Caliber

I say No no no no!  ;)

I refer to the summation of writing and art, not the art alone. After Judge Death Lives, is any Judge Death story worth reading as a vital addition to his mythology? I did not think so. Of course, the Irving droid earned his oil ration on that occasion.

Quote from: Mikey on 19 February, 2010, 12:56:22 PM
Quote from: John Caliber on 15 February, 2010, 04:59:59 PM
Absolutely, their time was over when Bolland stopped drawing them...Quantity over quality.

I refer the learned gentleman to My name is Death and suggest that his mouth is full of wrong. I see your Bolland and raise you an Irving.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

TordelBack

QuoteAfter Judge Death Lives, is any Judge Death story worth reading as a vital addition to his mythology?

Young Death?  Not  that I'm a fan, personally. 

judge macbrayne

what about CGI movie, just a thought

Woolly

A CGI movie would probably end up more expensive than a live action one.
Only way this movie will happen, in the current financial climate, is as a low-budget B-movie, which incidentaly is exactly how i want it!
More focus on story and characters than showy effects.

Mardroid

I don't really see story and effects as exclusive though. The latter is just the wrapping from the former. Or should be.

Not that I think a low budget Dredd is a bad idea. Done the right way, it's surprising how effective such a world can be... and even how decent the affects are!

dracula1

I thought 'Judge Death' as a possible inclusion in the new movie would stir up a lively debate again (while the film is in preproduction limbo).

How about Chris Nolan directing. He'd handle an intelligent story like 'America' really well. Nolan directing and an ace sound track by Massive Attack would be my dream team for the film.

Hoagy

While watching terminater 2 I tried to imagine the t2000 as a Judge.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

IAMTHESYSTEM

Robert Patrick or even the Guv'ner Arnie would have been both good as Dredd. Liquid metal Judges! There's a story line there for someone to explore. 

I always think 'heavy duty urban commando' when I think of Dredd. The closest I seem to get to my filmic vision of old granite face in the Mega City is the 8 minute 'Halo' short allegedly made by LOTR's Peter Jackson as test film for the proposed Halo Movie. I like the sort of hand held camera feel to things particularly in the urban conflict bits. Change the Brutes for Street scum and your almost there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6g1yyWEfks
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Danbo

Anyone think Stephen Lang who played Col Quarich in Avatar would make a good Dredd?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Steve Green

The Halo short was by Neill Blomkamp, who was in the frame for directing the Halo movie, then the makers got cold feet, and he went on to make District 9.

Also worth looking at his shorts, Alive in Joberg and Tetravaal.

But yeah, I think that style would be good for Dredd.