General Chat > Music

Discovered / rediscovered music thread

<< < (2/107) > >>

JayzusB.Christ:
Funny you should mention Rage Against The Machine, I used to like them and jumped around thrashing and flailing to their live gigs a couple of times, but a friend of mine stuck them on in his car the other day and I just couldn't get into them at all.  Maybe I'm just getting old.
I still like going a bit mental on dance floors, but probably due to certain chemical experiences I have long since packed in, I only enjoy dancing to electronic-type dance music. (Which is not to say that dance music is the only music I like. It's just the only music I dance to.) And on that subject, I recently rediscovered both the KLF and Utah Saints, and yesterday found Usura on YouTube.

Devon's Daddy, you've probably seen it before, but this thread offers a good way of combining the delights of YouTube and iTunes.

http://http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24132

Banners:
A buddy of mine is off to Oz so selling his CDs for a quid each. I got a fair few, but the one which quickly rose to the top of the pile is PJ Harvey's "Dry" which I haven't heard since losing my old cassette version about 15 years ago. Great stuff.

M@

Peter Wolf:
Flying Saucer Attack.

Its mostly just a wall of sound of sheets of guitar distortion and feedback but beautiful and melodic and wonderful  turned up loud .Nothing else quite like it.Post/Space rock from Bristol.[Early 90s].

The Enigmatic Dr X:
I'm off to see the Dogs D'Amour on Sunday. I've re-discovered them, having not listened to anything by them for about five years. And, you know what? They're still bloody good.

I, Cosh:

--- Quote from: "peterwolf" ---Flying Saucer Attack.

Its mostly just a wall of sound of sheets of guitar distortion and feedback but beautiful and melodic and wonderful  turned up loud .Nothing else quite like it.Post/Space rock from Bristol.[Early 90s].
--- End quote ---
my goodness. FSA are a perpetual favourite of mine. calling them "post" or "space" rock really doesn't do justice to their homespun beauty. It's when you put a record on and you think your turntable's overloading but it's actually because they recorded it with a guitar pluggged into a stereo amp so that's the beauty of noise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version