Main Menu

Has anyone scored any comic book cameos? Especially in 2000AD

Started by bluemeanie, 15 February, 2010, 12:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I think PJ will happily murder me on panel.  Or indeed in real life.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

Who wouldn't want to be immortalized in the prog or meg.
I for one certainly would and would pay for the original art.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

worldshown

Personally, I'd love to see my name on a block in Mega-City One. However, as I share a name with a very famous photographer/artist/sculptor, I'd know it really wouldn't be me.

As for my surname on a Judge's badge, no chance! Eleven letter badges have only ever happened once and that was in a "Janus:Psi" strip so that doesn't count.

dweezil2

Gordon Rennie wrote a character in Cursed Earthe Koburn called Dweezil, who came to a rather sticky end, but I can't be sure it was in tribute!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Taryn Tailz

Dont think its to likely my real name getting in seeing as I share it with the voice of Buzz Lightyear. Although spelt differently. 

I have long hair though so maybe I'd make a good perp.  :lol:

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

COMMANDO FORCES

The Doctor Alt 8

You know I was thinks about asking this kinda question myself... But I was wondering that an auction or raffel could be a great was of raising some money for charity...

Jared Katooie

My name appeared as grafitti in a Young Middenface strip - but it was obscured by Randy Stewart's speech bubble.

Damn you Randy! Damn you!

Scojo has appeared in the prog twice. In his first appearance, he was drawn by IAN GIBSON, and in his second, Richard Elson. In both instances he had dialogue.

After his second appearance, he produced a long post about how offended he was, and how he was going to stop reading the prog FOREVER.

Emperor

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 16 February, 2010, 06:38:34 PM
I think PJ will happily murder me on panel.  Or indeed in real life.

I want to be murdered by PJ on panel, real-life not so much. Is there an option or is it like a raffle?

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 19 February, 2010, 05:11:41 PM
You know I was thinks about asking this kinda question myself... But I was wondering that an auction or raffel could be a great was of raising some money for charity...

There is a special phrase for people who steal ideas from Mark Millar  ;)

That aside, a little become a judge for charity (and then get PJ to murder you) could be a nice little earner (although I doubt "Commando Forces would fit on a badge).

As I said in connection to the Haiti fundraising it'd make sense to have a... Comics Relief to make it more of an ongoing fundraising through comics, such ideas could do very nicely.

At least until Dave Cockmonkey wins one.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 February, 2010, 03:33:37 PM
Quote from: Large48 on 19 February, 2010, 03:26:51 PM

Two and counting!

:D

When and where Large48?

Prog 2010 and 2009, although technically I have seen 48 in most of those end of year specials.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Noisybast

I was in a JLA Elseworlds thing a few years ago. I posed for artist John Watson and ended up as one of two medieval Lobo-esque henchmen, kicking a door in in an action scene. T'was good fun and kinda cool to see myself in print (albeit not in the prog).
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

maryanddavid

My closest was an ad in the prog for Doomlord, nearest claim to fame was a picture of a Clown that appeared on an episode of Pats Hat on RTE many moons ago. Pat Inglesby is class, and a little bit strange.

David

W. R. Logan

maryanddavid

QuoteIs it still a cameo when you get a profile page?
If I had a cameo/profile page Id be putting it up here. McDonald may be a bit long on a badge for me to get a cameo though.

David

Wake

Gordon Rennie wrote me in as a Judge in War Crimes (Meg 201; art by Lee Sullivan)

The same story contained cameos of DavidXBrunt and ukdane.