Main Menu

PROG 1682 Hell To Pay

Started by flip-r mk2, 24 April, 2010, 11:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip-r mk2

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh can't wait until next week to see what happens in JD and ND.
Not much of a review back I'll leave that to rest just wanted to blag the Prog.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

flip-r mk2

I wonder where Mr MacNeil got the inspiation for the graffiti this week.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

mygrimmbrother

radiator

One of the board members has been immortalised as a judge, too..... (and I don't mean Logan!)

Again, Dante and Dredd are the highlights. The bodycount continues to rise in Dante, with [spoiler]two, possibly three, more supporting characters getting killed off this week.[/spoiler] I have a hunch that one of the next characters to get knocked off will be Crest, and Dante will be forced to take on Dimitri for the final showdown without his superhuman powers.....

As for Dredd, it looks like [spoiler]Inga is toast....[/spoiler] I (and I suspect many others) still want PJ to come out of this situation on top, but its looking unlikely. Dredd finally has the ammo he needs to deal with Sinfield once and for all! Really feels like things are building up for the big finish - four episodes to go....

Great as everything else is at the moment, it all pales in comparison to these two fantastic strips.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: radiator on 24 April, 2010, 02:10:23 PM
One of the board members has been immortalised as a judge, too..... (and I don't mean Logan!)

Again, Dante and Dredd are the highlights. The bodycount continues to rise in Dante, with [spoiler]two, possibly three, more supporting characters getting killed off this week.[/spoiler] I have a hunch that one of the next characters to get knocked off will be Crest, and Dante will be forced to take on Dimitri for the final showdown without his superhuman powers.....
May I be so bold as to ask who? (PM me if you want)
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

radiator

[spoiler]Papa Yeltsin (he survived Dimitri's attack last episode), Viktor's wife and apparently Viktor.[/spoiler]

Colin YNWA

Well it would seem that while this weeks Prog is very similar to last weeks, last's was a mere bump in the road and we're back on top form this week... maybe I was over tired when I read last weeks Prog?

The only blip is Damnation Station which continues to be pleasing enough but hasn't quite gelled for me yet. I've not really connected with any of the characters enough and I don't have a real sense of overview of the situation.

The rest all shine. There a few things in 'Bod (my laziness means I'll adopt the appreviation!) that really catch my imagination. I'm really intrigued why the narrator directly reference what I thought are visual ques. A few weeks ago the blurred riders, this week the colour / black and white worlds. I wonder if there's more to that than meets the eye (or am I reading too much into things again?). Ichabod's discovery this week also moves things in ways I wasn't expecting. And what an enterance that is!

Zombo has yet more ideas thrown at it and I suspect that this will feel more coherant read in one go but the use of the phrase 'Tommyrot and horsefeathers' means any misgivings are forgiven readily.

Dredd and Dante are comics at their best simple as that. There is a risk that Dante will turn into 'death of the week' but at the minute the tension holds. I do wonder what part Viktor still has to play? As for Dredd the brillance here is that it feels so removed form the early tone of much of 'Tour of Duty' in that the political elements have been thrust into a more procedural thriller phase but it all hangs together so brillantly as a single story.

Great Prog.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: radiator on 24 April, 2010, 03:30:08 PM
[spoiler]Papa Yeltsin (he survived Dimitri's attack last episode), Viktor's wife and apparently Viktor.[/spoiler]

Thanks Rad, looking forward to what [spoiler]Arkady/Dmitri[/spoiler] has in store for [spoiler]Konstantin[/spoiler] and how [spoiler]Lulu[/spoiler] dies (if she does).
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

radiator

QuoteI do wonder what part Viktor still has to play?

[spoiler]But he's supposed to be dead, isn't he? Those few panels were a little confusing - was Dimitri blowing Viktor and his wife up from afar? It mentioned the wife's body never being found, but didn't say anything about Viktor....[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Obviously, this being Dante, I don't believe any character is truly 'dead' until we actually see the body - Viktor has supposedly been dead before and we even saw a shot of his apparently dead body, so who knows?[/spoiler]

Dimitri's crest-blocking force-field thing was a bit weird. When Dante attacked him way back in The Romanov Dynasty he blocked Dante's bio-blades with a nifty nano-shield thing rather than block his powers entirely. It also seems a little silly that Dimitri has had ample opportunity to destroy the Huntsman - the only weapon capable of harming him - but has so far failed to do so.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 24 April, 2010, 04:19:52 PM
QuoteI do wonder what part Viktor still has to play?

[spoiler]But he's supposed to be dead, isn't he? Those few panels were a little confusing - was Dimitri blowing Viktor and his wife up from afar? It mentioned the wife's body never being found, but didn't say anything about Viktor....[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Obviously, this being Dante, I don't believe any character is truly 'dead' until we actually see the body - Viktor has supposedly been dead before and we even saw a shot of his apparently dead body, so who knows?[/spoiler]

Yeah defo meant to be but you're second point hits the spot for me. Nothing definite and that all points to him still having a part to play for me? I often get these things wrong mind!

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 24 April, 2010, 12:43:57 PM
I wonder where Mr MacNeil got the inspiation for the graffiti this week.

That is arsom. Cyberleader, immortalized in Dredd forever.

But that can't be our Roger Godlpton's scrawl underneath - it's not all caps, underlined and pink!

Martin Howe

Heck of a risk for PJ to actually execute a crime personally like that, but then he is rather hotheaded at the moment. What I don't get is: why bomb a shop? It that [spoiler]where Inga got the Hershey head from and PJ wants to destroy the record of her buying it[/spoiler], or is it a dry run for something else?
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN
Facebook Flickr Twitter

House of Usher

Superb Prog. So much better than last week's!

Judge Dredd was 'arsom.'  :D
Damnation Station is a lot easier on the eyes now that Boo is drawing it and it's set on a fully illuminated desert planet. Different aliens, yayy!
Zombo was a cracking good read.
Ichabod Azrael Jones caught my attention again when a startling anachronism popped up, lifting it way above mere supernatural western.
Nikolai Dante was just mean. Why can't anybody have anything nice?

7/10
STRIKE !!!

radiator

Quotewhy bomb a shop?

I must admit, I've lost the thread somewhere in these last two episodes. I think PJ is stirring up animosity between mutants and norms to misdirect Dredd's investigation.

When Tour of Duty ends, I'm going to do a big reread, and I'm sure it will all be clear.

Also: am I the only one who prefers Si Davis to Boo Cook?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Martin Howe on 25 April, 2010, 02:44:54 PM
Heck of a risk for PJ to actually execute a crime personally like that, but then he is rather hotheaded at the moment. What I don't get is: why bomb a shop? It that [spoiler]where Inga got the Hershey head from and PJ wants to destroy the record of her buying it[/spoiler], or is it a dry run for something else?

That was my first thought. Given what he had planned for Inga he had to remove any evidence of the purchase.