Main Menu

From Dust

Started by w3bz, 03 August, 2011, 07:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

I love these types of games, if anyone plays it (as it's out on console before PC) let me know how you get on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOQGazo7Oo

vzzbux

OOOOOOO.
My kind of game.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Satanist

I got this last week and am on about level 6. Its starting to get a bit head-hurty already but in a good way.

Aint tried any the challenges yet (mission based levels where you have to meet certain goals) but it looks like theres plenty of them.

Looks lovely and you do care about the wee peeps.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

w3bz

Quote from: The Satanist on 03 August, 2011, 09:35:40 PM
I got this last week and am on about level 6. Its starting to get a bit head-hurty already but in a good way.

Aint tried any the challenges yet (mission based levels where you have to meet certain goals) but it looks like theres plenty of them.

Looks lovely and you do care about the wee peeps.

When you say "head-hurt" as in figuring out how to finish a level? Or something else?

I can imagine spending far more time messing around with the land than the peeps lol

Satanist

It is a bit figuring out a level but its more trying to keep all the balls in the air (fnaar).

As an example an early level has you building a wall to block a giant wave, you do this by taking the lava from a volcano and shoring up the mountain range. Once done I set about building my villages safe in the knowledge no huge wave was coming and totally forgot about the volcano as it was on another island. But the lava spills out builds a land mass joining on right next to my original village. Ooops!

It gets even more complex and involving later with more threats and when you fix one problem it can create another. Such as taking land from one area to create land in another can create flood plains where the land originally used to be.

If you like a bit of God like landscaping then you should enjoy this.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

w3bz

Yeah defo sounds right up my...alley.... :D

mogzilla

tried the demo last night , i'm officially crap at this sort of game my villagers drowned many times then when i thought i was getting somewhere a flaming volcano started!