Main Menu

New Arrested Development Episodes on Netflix

Started by Buttonman, 27 May, 2013, 02:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Anyone watching these?

I've seen the first six and the quality is pretty good - plenty of guest stars popping up - Ed Helms, Seth Rogan, Conan O'Brien - and some great bits. Best episode so far for me was Tobias' with him dressing up as the Thing from the Fantastic 4. Targeted in a reality show sex predator sting he has lots of great lines like "I wanted to show my daughter my thing" amongst others.

Will try not to gorge on thes rest but I probably will - it is a rainy bank holiday after all.

von Boom

I'll be watching these shortly. Looking forward to it.

CrazyFoxMachine

Halfway through and I must say it's pretty damned good.

I've got some chap on FB rambling on about how atrocious they are and how people "mustn't be ashamed to say they hate them" but I couldn't disagree more.

Incredibly clever and mind blowingly constructed it's a really heavily cakey* bit of telly and a pleasure to watch.

*continuity cake that is

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I haven't seen any of the new ones yet. I've been catching up on the old series. Haven't watched it since the first time around, and I must say, it's very rewarding on the second viewing. There are jokes that are set up several episodes before the punchline is delivered. Really clever writing.
You may quote me on that.

CrazyFoxMachine

....However now I've got to the end [spoiler]and there isn't really an end[/spoiler] it makes the seven or so hours of it seem hugely self indulgent.

Still think it was damned funny and cleverer than anything that's been on TV for years but... [spoiler]where the balls was the end?![/spoiler]

radiator

Am I the only one who can't stand this new series? Three episodes in and my attention is seriously waning. I just don't like it, and don't find it funny at all, it just feels smug and self-indulgent.

Arrested Development was a HILARIOUS show, and these episodes haven't made me laugh once so far. Don't care how clever the interweaving plots are if its as boring as this. Doesn't feel at all like the show I know and love.

von Boom

I was leaning towards rad's view after the first couple of episodes. I've watched five so far and it is starting to come together.

[spoiler]ANUSTART.[/spoiler]

Dandontdare

well I've only just watched the first and I thought there were plenty of laughs. I'm still chuckling about [spoiler]the ostrich at the end, and the "showstealer pro" watermark[/spoiler]

willthemightyW

I felt the same way as Rad for the first few episodes, though I did like Michael's hatred for George-Michael's room mate [spoiler]You ever even been on a plane you little *bleeped*?[/spoiler]
Got sooooo much better I felt, however, a lot of things are left un-tied. Hurwitz originally said this was to lead into a movie, though of late there has been some confusion as to whether or not this is still the case, but Hurwitz confirmed that it is only weeks ago, so that's good news. I think the only other question is how will we have our story-questions, i.e [spoiler]what happened to Lucille 2?[/spoiler] answered? Will it be a movie? A season five? Either way I'm excited. Although the end may be frustrating to some in all it left open, I think the ending scene itself was brilliant!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.