Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Cheers, Sinx - I thought I'd done this.

And thanks to folk here for support over the last few weeks. We've had a nice bump of sales, presumably due to the upcoming conventions being cancelled, but small press titles don't sell massive numbers, and these issues are no exception.

Support your small press, 'cause when it's gone - it's gone.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Thanks Huffmeister!

This is also a note to let Squaxx know that the latest issue of Zarjaz - 36, is unfortunately now out of print. I'll be getting more in once my usual printer resumes work.

There are other issues in the shop, so please don't feel you are unable to experience the finest small press comic on the market.

Proudhuff

A great haul of thrill power! Go on the big two aren't troubling you pockets so give these a go!
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Glad to hear they got to you safely, Huffster!

And many thanks for the kind words.

Bolt-01

Hi All, I've had a couple of emails during lockdown from Squaxx wanting to 'fill gaps' for Zarjaz or Dogbreath. I've had to politely let folk down as in all honesty I just can't store the numbers of comics it would require to keep a complete back issue selection in place.

BUT! 

If you 'could' pick-up any back-issues from the runs of the galaxies greatest fanzines - what would you want? Something recent that has just dropped off the site or maybe something from well back in the day. If it was published by us here, then I can make it happen if demand warrants it.

Drop me a line, with 'back issues' in the header somewhere and if any of the issues get anywhere near making it worth me getting some more printed (around 20 is the minimum) then I'll make it happen. 

PM's welcome.

Bolt-01

Hey Squaxx - special heads-up!

FQP are pleased to announce that from today, June 3rd to August 31st they are open to new scripts.

FQP titles FutureQuake and Something Wicked are two premiere level titles with a focus on new talent & developing talent and a proven track record in help new creatives hone their skills. Scripts are being welcomed for both titles- script length of ideally 4-6 pages with a 'twist' in the tail.

The 2000 AD fanzines Dogbreath & Zarjaz are still open to scripts so there is room for writers of all levels to contribute.

Note that all scripts will be read in the order received and only short stories are being sought. FQP do not publish serials or complete graphic novels.

If accepted, writers will be informed of the next steps towards getting the script commissioned and turned into a comic strip.

Currently both titles can accommodate around 40 strips a year, so it may be that scripts have a significant delay between acceptance and commission. If that is an issue to you, keep in touch with editorial to see where you are in the lists.

Send all script submissions to futurequakepress@googlemail.com and good luck.

Robin Low

Have you had a significant upsurge in submissions during lockdown?

Oh, and 40 strips a year seems pretty impressive to me.

Regards,

Robin

Bolt-01

Hi Robin - as it happens no, mainly due to FutureQuake & Something Wicked being closed to scripts.

What we 'have' had is a spike in artists delivering work. The extra time at home that some folk have had has allowed some artists to deliver work early. Zarjaz especially has benefitted from that situation.

Thanks

Bolt-01

Available very soon - Zarjaz 37 features a first for Zarjaz - a strip featuring Lulu Romanov, so what finer choice could we ask for but to have Simon Fraser provide a stunning cover featuring the lady herself.

Available soon from The FQP Webshop

Colin YNWA

Wow that cover is incredible - just stunning.

Bolt-01

Cover by the amazing Simon Fraser

Now available! Zarjaz 37!

Judge Dredd - Great Escapes by writer Kev Hopgood and artist and letterer David Broughton

Judge Dredd - Monsters by writer Michael Crouch artist Jim Lavery and letterer Bolt-01

Lulu Romanov - Iron And The Maiden by writer Santiago Mayaud artist David Thomson and letterer Bolt-01

Robo-Hunter - Game For A Bath by writer David Fenn artist Gail Nedry and letterer Bolt-01

Slaine - Beginnings by writer Alan Holloway artist Ed Doyle and letterer Bolt-01

Storm Warning - The Sentinels by writer Charles Murphy artist Daniel Reed and letterer Bolt-01

Tales of Mega-City One - Alien Town by writer artist Scott Twells and letterer Bolt-01

Tales of Mega-City One - Children of the apocalypse by writer artist Robomonkey147 and letterer Bolt-01

Tales of Mega-City One - He Is The Law by writer Alan Holloway artist John Cahill and letterer Bolt-01

You know you want to buy this today! so don't delay, and while you are in the FQP shop - note that there has been a restocking of recent back issues. The enitre Harlem Heroes serial from Zarjaz 34-36 is now available, including the centrespread of Zarjaz 36, now in full glorious colour!

After all, it's not called Zarjaz for nothing.

moly

Just received issue 37 and a couple of older issues, Zarjaz is a great credit to all the people involved, keep up the good work

Bolt-01

Thanks for the kind words Moly - much appreciated and glad you like the books.

DeadBeat