Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

I sure do. Pm me and I'll get back to you with the details.

Bolt-01

If any of you squaxx out there are 'havering' over whether to take the plunge - take a read of this review from  the ever amazing John Freeman of Down The Tubes.

Zarjaz 38 Review

Thanks John.

Daveycandlish

Ordered! Always a worthwhile investment  :D
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

DrJomster

Ordered all three, they just look too good to resist!

Many thanks to all the good folk at FutureQuake Press for continuing their good work. The world needs more fanzines and small press comics!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Bolt-01

Cheers all, just back from a run to the post office. Many thanks to all who have ordered over the weekend.

flip-r mk2

Bolt, Bad City Blue and Greg M, thank you for your kind words, your cheques are in the post 😜

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Bolt-01

Hey Squaxx - for those of you out there waiting for this news, the digital edition of FutureQuake 2020 Winter is now on comiXology!

Obligatory link!

I feel it worth pointing out that digital sales are intended to eventually provide a thank-you payment to each and every contributor. Sales are logged and shares calculated each time we get a payment so by buying your book through comiXology you are going to be directly giving back to contributors.

FQP is proudly not for profit - we are here to support new creators at the start of their journey.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Hey Squaxx,

Over at comiXology they are having an end of year sale for small press titles and this year, for the first time, FQP are taking part.

The direct link to the comiXology publisher page for FQP is here.

Almost all of the books are now available for as little as 0.39p (GBP) which is an absolute steal (and possibly a little insulting to the creators involved) and if it helps anyone out there who is undecided about trying an FQP book - hopefully this will make it easier.

All the FQP titles available are part of the sale, and all apart from the very latest issue.

sheldipez

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 December, 2020, 11:31:42 AM
Hey Squaxx,

Over at comiXology they are having an end of year sale for small press titles and this year, for the first time, FQP are taking part.

The direct link to the comiXology publisher page for FQP is here.

Almost all of the books are now available for as little as 0.39p (GBP) which is an absolute steal (and possibly a little insulting to the creators involved) and if it helps anyone out there who is undecided about trying an FQP book - hopefully this will make it easier.

All the FQP titles available are part of the sale, and all apart from the very latest issue.

Oh nice one, just bought all of the FutureQuakes and Something Wickeds, some good reading added to the backlog. Ho-ho-ho!

Bolt-01

Bolt-01

Stand Tall Squaxx! The daily Zarjaz is back once gain to bring you a throb of Thrills each morning between now and Christmas.

Join us each day either here or over at The FQP Blog to watch the story unfurl!

If you are new to the daily Zarjaz then for more strips, head on over to The Daily Zarjaz Archive and enjoy lots of complete strips, all for free!

Remember, it ain't called Zarjaz for nothing!

Funt Solo

I'm a bit behind on my reading, but just enjoyed Zarjaz #34, with this jaw-droppingly inventive Robo-Hunter cover:

Inside, you'll find:

Sam Slade, Robo-Hunter in 'Guy, Robot' - the classic Sam, Stogie, Hoagy line-up in a cross between a Matryoshka doll, Inception and The Numskulls.

Judge Dredd - Double or Nothing - obsessive gambling and trainspotting blend together to provide one of those "what will the citizens think of next" tales.

Giant - Feat of Clay [Harlem Heroes] - an origin story that manages to provide a snapshot of life in the nascent Mega-City alongside a poignant tale of the need to escape a difficult upbringing. Parts 1 & 2 promise to be continued.

Night Zero: Shot Zero - Tanner the Taxi driver somehow ends up on the pull in a rather inappropriate setting. He must be a terror at funerals.

Judge Dredd: Iron Chief - a cross between Our Man in Hondo and Mechanismo, as some perps manage to steal something with more attitude than they were bargaining for.

Bix Barton: Rum's the Word - it all goes a bit meta as the cast start commenting on the readership and noting a certain pattern. Who could be behind this but a fiendishly underappreciated writer?

Strontium Dog: The Baroo Affair - Johnny and Wulf land on a partial solution to their bounty-hunting problem.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bolt-01

Cheers Funt. Glad you liked the book.

Neil is always great value in covers, wish he would get more sequential work.

Bolt-01

Join us once again as we present a new Daily Zarjaz!

The strip will run everyday until the end of the month, in preparation for the next issue of ZARJAZ!

Join us over on the Daily Zarjaz