Main Menu

Day of Dredd

Started by Proudhuff, 20 August, 2019, 01:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Had a snoop about and can't find anything on the Board about 7th Sept: SaturDAY OF DREDD!

Also noticed nothing happening beyond the North Wall  :-\
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

his September 7th, celebrate the ultimate lawman of the future with THE DAY OF DREDD – it's the law, citizens!

Rebellion is proud to announce the full thrill-powered line-up of events celebrating the legacy and cultural impact of Britain's biggest comic book export, Judge Dredd.

Taking place on Saturday September 7th, this mixture of creator signings, live art jams, film screenings, and panel talks is dedicated to recognising and exploring Dredd's place in global pop culture – with more events still to be announced!

To celebrate the worldwide release of the collected edition of critically acclaimed and lauded thriller, Judge Dredd: The Small House, on Thursday September 5th writer Rob Williams will be signing at the Forbidden Planet Mega-store in London between 6-7pm.

Then on Saturday September 7th, events on both sides of the Atlantic will take place with many of the creators who have helped make Judge Dredd one of the world's most iconic comic book characters, including:

Colin MacNeil signing at Forbidden Planet in Newcastle
Patrick Goddard and TC Eglington signing at Forbidden Planet in Bristol
Ian Edginton and Steve Yeowell signing at Worlds Apart in Birmingham
A morning comics workshop for kids with Ned Hartley at Gosh! Comics in London
A mega-signing at Gosh! Comics in London (from 1pm) with Mick McMahon, John Higgins, Dan Abnett, Arthur Ranson, and Sally Jane Hurst
Eoin Coveney and PJ Holden signing at Big Bang Comics, Dublin
Andy Diggle, Nick Brokenshire and Abigail Ryder signing at Travelling Man Manchester, plus a chin-gurning competition!
Staz Johnson signing at Travelling Man in Leeds
Anthony Williams signing at Tate's Comics in Florida, USA
Alex De Campi and Simon Fraser signing at Anyone Comics, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Laurence Campbell and Conor Boyle will be at Dredd Live Art Jam at Orbital Comics & Gallery in London with a galaxy of indie art stars
Phil Winslade will be a main guest at High Vis Street Culture Festival in Birmingham
Assembly House in Leeds will be staging a live art jam and Judge Dredd tribute art exhibition by the stars of the Leeds independent art scene
INJ Culbard, Ben Oliver, Alan Davis, Ryan Brown, Simon Bisley, Dylan Teague, David Hine, Pete Doherty, Mark Farmer will be appearing at the NICE convention in Bedford.
If you're a die-hard Dredd-head that can't attend the events in person, you can still get involved in the vast online celebrations! Fans will be encouraged to participate by sharing their own personal memories of first encountering Dredd himself, or their favourite characters from his vast universe of stories using the hashtag #DAYOFDREDD

Comic book shops and libraries who send in evidence of their DAY OF DREDD displays will receive care-packages so good they should be illegal.

The most imaginative winner will be awarded DAY OF DREDD GOLDEN EAGLE certificate and receive a treasure trove of complimentary 2000 AD goodies including trade paperbacks, toys, and merchandising rarities.

Participate in Day of Dredd by following #DAYOFDREDD and follow @2000AD on Twitter and @insta2000AD on Instagram!

If you're a comic book store, book store, or library and are interested in staging an event for the Day of Dredd, get in touch with the 2000 AD team at press@2000AD.com or tag us in a social media post.
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

Mmmm, as always nothing close by  :'(
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 August, 2019, 01:52:45 PM
... noticed nothing happening beyond the North Wall  :-\

How are Scottish boarders meant to bail out of an event that isn't happening?

Woolly

Nick Percival has said on the faceybookthingy that he's doing a signing at Sheffield's Forbidden Planet  :thumbsup:

Tjm86

Not much 'happening the other side of Offa's Dike either.  Mr Goddard fetching over to Bristol rather than Cardiff doesn't really augur well.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Frank on 20 August, 2019, 04:38:13 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 August, 2019, 01:52:45 PM
... noticed nothing happening beyond the North Wall  :-\

How are Scottish boarders meant to bail out of an event that isn't happening?

Exactly!  ;) Can I suggest we all agree to not turn up at the same place and at the same time?

Even the Mighty McNeil is south of the Rio Tweed...
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 August, 2019, 08:23:16 PM
Not much 'happening the other side of Offa's Dike either.  Mr Goddard fetching over to Bristol rather than Cardiff doesn't really augur well.

Down to NICE con I expect, a few of the people who would normally be at local events are there.

Judgedreddrocks

Shame to see Northern Ireland being ignored. So many loyal Squax in NI.

Proudhuff

Drokk! had tried to set up a wee salute to Dredd up here in th Cal-Hab wastes but dashed on the rocks of time restraints... might manage a pint through  :P
DDT did a job on me

flip-r mk2

I'm having to travel down from the Cal Hab wastes to London, tomeet up with the soft southern pansies of the Southern Contingent for the Day of Dredd 😜

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Proudhuff

aw Good luck with that...  :D
DDT did a job on me

abelardsnazz

I can't make any of the events, but maybe we could could put a load of stuff on here on the day? Say first Dredd, favourite long and short stories, classic moments?

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

sheridan

Juiz Dredd DAY - A LEI Impera no LE Burger!
Alameda Franca, 1055 - Jardins, 01422-003 São Paulo, Brazil

A LEI ACONTECE EM SAMPA! Dia 7 de setembro comemoramo o aniversário do cara mais casca grossa das HQs: Juiz Dredd! Quando Pat Mills desenvolveu a série "2000 AD", em 1976, levou seu ex-parceiro de escrita, John Wagner, para desenvolver os personagens. Wagner tinha escrito várias histórias no estilo "policial durão" e sugeriu um personagem que levou esse conceito ao seu extremo lógico, imaginando um homem da lei ultra-violento que patrulhasse uma Nova York no futuro, com o poder de administrar a justiça de forma instantânea. Mills tinha desenvolvido uma tira de terror chamada Judge Dread, mas abandonou a ideia. O nome, no entanto, com a ortografia modificada para "Dredd" por sugestão de Gosnell Kelvin, sub-editor, foi adotado por Wagner para o personagem final. Tantos nomes que passaram por esse ícone da 2000AD comemora sua criação. E a Mythos Editora conclama nossos revolucionários leitores para um encontro na Sampa do Futuro que vem declarar, definitivamente, GUERRA TOTAL!

This may lose a little in translation...

LAW HAPPENS IN SAMPA! September 7th celebrates the birthday of the thickest guy in comics: Judge Dredd! When Pat Mills developed the 2000 AD series in 1976, he led his former writing partner, John Wagner, to develop the characters. Wagner had written several "hard cop" stories and suggested a character who took this concept to its logical extreme, imagining an ultra-violent law enforcement man patrolling a New York City in the future, with the power to administer justice instantly. . Mills had developed a horror strip called Judge Dread, but abandoned the idea. The name, however, with the spelling changed to "Dredd" at the suggestion of Gosnell Kelvin, sub-editor, was adopted by Wagner for the final character. So many names that have passed this 2000AD icon celebrate its creation. And Mythos Editora calls on our revolutionary readers for a meeting at Sampa do Futuro that will definitely declare TOTAL WAR!