Main Menu

Where is Tordelback?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 22 August, 2020, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

I'm sorry - your five minutes is up.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

von Boom

JayzusB.Christ

Is it though?  Yes, it is.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

Been sometime since we heard from out man, hope he's doing well all things considered.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 03 March, 2022, 02:59:36 PM
Been sometime since we heard from out man, hope he's doing well all things considered.

I'm hoping that TB has withdrawn from social media as a positive benefit to his mental health. Obviously, he's been inactive here for some time (June '21 according to the forum stats), and his Twitter account is gone. He has a Facebook account, but never seemed to use it.

I did pop him an email a little while ago to see how he was doing and offer an ear to unload into if things were getting a bit much, but I didn't hear back.

A quick google of his real-world name and (approximate) location doesn't turn up anything horrendous, so here's hoping he's well and enjoying a social-media-free life with his family... and feels able to return to the fold at some point in the future.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

I miss the lad alright. Stay safe, TB.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Yeah I miss the fella. I reached out to him a while ago assuming he was just having one of his temporary wonders and checking he was okay but he didn't get back, as of course is his right and so I left it at that.

I'm concerned but like Jim I just hope he's happy saying away from the social media whirl and knowing we will welcome him back with open arms if he ever wants to come back.

Stay safe and happy Tordelback.

The Legendary Shark

Yeah, I emailed him too and sent him a Christmas card without hearing anything. I hope he's won the lottery and is too busy overseeing the construction of a solid gold house to come back to us just yet.

Love ya, Tordels.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Could be the cardigan was so old it actually gained sentience - transforming him into some kinda Irish bohemian version of Venom.
He's probably strolling around Temple Bar right now, him and his symbiote reciting contrapuntal Sumerian poetry to tourists.

Just a comment on the Forum PM system - it used to be the case that you'd receive an email notification whenever you received a PM, but I think that was disabled a good while back.
Could well be that TB hasn't seen your PM's if he hasn't logged into his Forum account.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 March, 2022, 05:21:01 PM
Could well be that TB hasn't seen your PM's if he hasn't logged into his Forum account.

Nah... I have his proper email, due to some non-forum stuff I was able to do for him a couple of years back.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 March, 2022, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 03 March, 2022, 05:21:01 PM

Nah... I have his proper email, due to some non-forum stuff I was able to do for him a couple of years back.

Activate 'read receipt' Jim!

Colin YNWA

Okay not to get too stalkery I did a quick search for Tordelback and there seems to be an Irish Tordelback on a miniture type game forum thingie (excuse my ignorance). Not too active but did post last - from what I can see - in Jan this year. Judging my one post they seem to be based in Ireland... so that could be our Tordelback... didn't dig too deep as felt a bit weird BUT if it is him seem fairly happy and has been visiting that site recently. So IF its him that ticks the safe box.

I will not reframe from internet stalking!

The Legendary Shark

Good to know. Thanks, Colin - and thanks for using your eerie powers for Good!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]