Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Judgement Day v Rage - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic: Game 01

Next in the Qualifying groups two ties from the Epic Stories Region, Group 1

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

Judgement Day - more info

Vs.

Rage - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 24th July and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Got to be Rage, hasn't it? One of the defining S/D stories, (even if it maybe takes a while to get anywhere) . I don't really rate Judgement Day, either as a Dredd epic or as a crossover, and Johnny doesn't get a whole lot to do in it.

In fact the only bit of Judgement Day I rate is when Dredd asks a still-grieving Johnny about Wulf - 'Where's the fat creep?'
'He had a name, dammit! It was Wulf Sternhammer!'
'Huh. That's his problem.'
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 July, 2021, 08:15:05 AM
Got to be Rage, hasn't it? One of the defining S/D stories, (even if it maybe takes a while to get anywhere) . I don't really rate Judgement Day, either as a Dredd epic or as a crossover, and Johnny doesn't get a whole lot to do in it.

In fact the only bit of Judgement Day I rate is when Dredd asks a still-grieving Johnny about Wulf - 'Where's the fat creep?'
'He had a name, dammit! It was Wulf Sternhammer!'
'Huh. That's his problem.'

You didn't like the last page then?

I'm going to vote for Rage*

* who isn't?

Magnetica

I would have thought Judgement Day was a Dredd story, not a Strontium Dog one. Anyway regardless of that, it's got to be Rage.

Barrington Boots

Judgement Day qualifying for this seems a bit dubious, but it doesn't really matter because it's pants and surely won't get past this round especially when up against such a big gun of the series.
Rage all the way.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

I'd seriously question the taste of anyone who selects Judgement Day over Rage—although I'm sure someone will. So, er, Rage.

AlexF

Buttonman

Judgement Day -One - Nil!

Well about 7-1 but you get the idea! Judgement Day was all our Christmases with world building and destroying on a large scale. 'Rage' was Alpha killing a defenceless man who had a bag on his head.

IndigoPrime

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

moogie101

Rage. Not looking forward to when these choices get harder

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

I've held off on voting on these so far as need to do some re-reading, but despite my admiration for Judgement Day (what's not to like?) my vote here has to go to Rage.